1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oy...New user, burner, torrent downloader COMPLETELY

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Midget21, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Midget21

Midget21 Guest

I have just recently figured out a little bit about torrents and downloading games, movies and such, mostly from suprnova.org Now...with everything downloaded and ready to burn...I have some SERIOUS questions.

I downloaded finding.nemo.DVDRIP.XVID
    Just out of curiosity, I clicked to play it.
    It opens up with Windows Media player..So in other words it's a .avi file.
    Now...Before venturing here to ask my questions, I went to a friend, who also gave me this site and the site of something called VCDGear. Now...my questions..
    I haven't checked out VCDGear yet, but I'm assuming it is an AVI converter? If so..or even if not..It would be appreciated to have a step-by-step instructions on how to get this movie burnt to CD. I do not have a DVD burner so I was told to change the format to Super VCD? OK..so recapping...the info I need is:
    -Which program do I use to convert a .avi?
    -What format do I change it to, to burn onto a reg cd with Nero using a reg CD burner?
    -Any other useful tips and info for the next time I do this...

Any information at all would greatly be appreciated!
    Also...I'm not totally computer illiterate..barely at all but I am SOOO new to this torrent and burning stuff :)

Any replies would be great! Thanks :)
    ~Midget~

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member