1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oz season 3 read error

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ion1010, Apr 6, 2005.

1. ion1010

ion1010 Member

have been trying to back up OZ season three but I can't seem to backup disk 3. the first two disks worked fine with decrypter and shrink, but disk 3 is a problem. both decrypter and shrink won't read disk 3 to completion. decrypter gets stuck at 4% and shrink gets stuck at 14% analyzing. can i be safe to assume that the disk is damaged and if so, how can i safely try to repair the disk?

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

try playing the dvd for 5 mins then rip, but is it got protection? it may not!

3. juca39

juca39 Guest

Some of Oz original DVD's have problems, I copied all 3 seasons and had problems with 3 disks I had to return season 2 once and season 3 twice beacause skeeping and pixelation problems. After returning them, the final DVD's that I got were OK and I could rip them using Dekrypt-Shrink-Dekrypt. The outcome was fine.
    As soon as I buy any DVD (series or movies) I always play all disks in Fast Forward all the way to the end, and back, just to be sure that they don't have any problems. If they go to the end without any problems than, I rip them if not, I exchange them for a new set.
    I will recomend to try this as soon as you open the box, so in any case you can return your disks for a new set.