1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P207 unlocking problem

Discussion in 'Samsung discussion' started by kash1355, Jun 1, 2006.

1. kash1355

kash1355 Member

When I try to unlock my phone using *#9998*3323# and the press "malloc fail" ... it only stays unlocked for that time being, but once I reboot the phone again it still stays locked!

Can someone fully explain what to do to keep the phone unlocked or can someone point out what I'm doing wrong..thanks

2. pmedynski

pmedynski Member

I have a Samsung SGH-X426 from Rogers (Canada). I used the instructions below and it is now permanently unlocked. If your Samsung SGH-P207 responds to the *#9998*3323# method as you described above, maybe completing steps 6 through 10 below will unlock your phone for good. Please give these instructions a try, and post a reply of the result. I'm looking at buying a P207 and I'd love to know if this works for it :)

-Paul

The *#9998*3323# Method:

1. If you have changed your phone password, change your password back to the default 8 zeros (00000000).
    2. Put a SIM card that is from a network other than the one your phone is locked to
    3. When Incorrect SIM error comes up, type *#9998*3323#.
    4. White screen will appear with an exit option. Press the right softkey.
    5. From the menu that appears, select the Malloc Fail option. This will reboot the phone and the normal service screens will appear.
    6. Type *0141# and then press the green call key. "Personalization" or "Personalized" will appear.
    7. Turn off your phone and put the original SIM back in.
    8. Turn on your phone. You will receive a prompt to enter a password.
    9. Type 8 zeros (00000000)
    10. Completed. You have now unlocked your phone.

3. sidekick2

sidekick2 Member

i just unlocked a cingular p207 for a friend....the *#9998*3323# method worked then i did *0141# and after it said personalized it was unlocked. i did not need to enter a password. the p207 is a great phone!!

4. sidekick2

sidekick2 Member

ok update.....

the p207 was locked to cingular. when i put my t-mobile sim in after unlocking it, it was all good. but when i put my friends at&t sim in, no go. whats up with that? I need this unlocked for at&t....any suggestions???

5. raj672

raj672 Member

I was wondering if you can customize the lcd display after unlocking this phone. Right now it displays your current carrier. Is it possible to get this change in any way??

6. sidekick2

sidekick2 Member

you would have to flash the phone to get rid of the carriers text on the display

7. raj672

raj672 Member

Thanks for your reply. I don't know how to flash my phone. I will be using the same carrier(ROGERS) but I don't want the text showing ROGERS. I remeber in the old motorla phone you could just enter a code and change the text to whatever you wanted!!!

8. rogerfour

rogerfour Member

I unlocked P207 according to above instructions.
    It does recognize the new sim card but shows emergency calls only logo when I try to make a call. ??
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks

9. chinkyi

chinkyi Member

Hi, I tried the *#9998*3323# method and it worked. However, when I wanted to use my other sim card and trying the method again, it said my phone is personlized already ... and sometime wrong sim card.

Does anyone know if this method can only work once? Also, what other method I can use so I can switch sim cards?