1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PAL AVI to NTSC

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by dlsale, Jun 4, 2007.

1. dlsale

dlsale Member

I have an AVI file I'd like to make a DVD from, but I believe it is PAL. The video looks great when I look at it in a computer video player. I used Nero Vision and to convert it to NTSC and write to DVD, and I thought everything was fine. But when I play it in a DVD player, the video seems to have a lot of weird stuff going on when there is motion in a scene. It jumps and has lines, I guess you could say.

What must I do to get a DVD out of this that has the video quality I see when I play it on my computer? Your help is greatly appreciated.

2. attar

attar Senior member

Try converting the AVI with this program.

http://dl.afterdawn.com/vsoDivxToDVD_setup_v0.5.2b.exe
    Import the file(s) (AVI, MPEG, VOB)
    Output (standard DVD file format) to a folder on the HDD.
    Set 'Aspect' to 4:3 (if you have a regular tv)
    Set 'Standard' to NTSC (if you live in North America)

Burn with Nero at 4x max.

3. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

Download Vob Blanker from here at AD.
    Download IfoEdit from here at AD.

Convert the avi to a PAL DVD using Nero,ConvertXtoDVD,WinAVI or nay such program. Once you have a video_TS folder create a new folder call NTSC.

Open vob blanker. Now open the IFO files from the VIDEO_TS folder.In the center column called video format, you will see PAL listed. Right click and chose video attributes. Choose the option for NTSC. An message about using pgcedit may come up. Ignore it. Click Ok and on the main screen click "process." When it asks you to save, save to the NTSC folder.

Now use IFOedit to open the ifo files from the NTSC folder. In the bottom display look for any lines that say PAL. Double clikc any lines with PAL in them and choose NTSC instead. When your ready to save in ifoedit just over write the ifo files already in the NTSC directory.

In the NTSC directory. Create folder called VIDEO_TS. Now you can load that VIDEO_TS folder in IMGBurn and create an iso on your HDD or burn it straight to a disk.

This has worked almost every time for me. Except once.

4. dlsale

dlsale Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I used something called DVD Flick, and it came out great.