1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PAL to NTSC

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by thenock, Aug 19, 2004.

1. thenock

thenock Member

I bought an imported DVD and checked the region and type with DVD Decrypter and Nero. It said the DVD was NTSC and Region 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. I checked o my DVD player, and it works fine.

Can anyone tell me what to do?

2. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

it would help to know what region you were in?

are you in an NTSC country? if not then it may not play... we need more info...

my ps2 is very flakey with DVDs but the quality isnt as good as a proper one anyway...

3. thenock

thenock Member

I'm in U.S., so its region 1 and NTSC. I used a different program to find out what it was and I found out is what actually PAL. What do I do from here? I have copied the files to the hard drive and I'm putting it through DVDx with the instructions on the topic "PAL to NTSC" but after it finished, I opened it with WMP and it wouldn'y show the video or audio.

4. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

computers dont run on tnsc or pal - so it wont matter on them.... if you have difficults on a pc then there is a problem...

in the uk (region 2 pal) pretty much any half decent tv/video/dvd player can handle ntsc - not sure on the other way round tho as we actually have a better quality format... using more lines... so im not sure how that will work over there... it shouldnt matter i would expect tho

5. thenock

thenock Member

Well, I got my DVD converted to NTSC with the first method on the PAL to NTSC thread and it works on my PS2.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2004