1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pal to ntsc

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by ProBaller, Aug 5, 2008.

1. ProBaller

ProBaller Regular member

i got a dvd iso that is pal, how do i change it to ntsc?

2. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

Nice thread, rtm27 and good call! just goes to show you what you can do if you use the SEARCH! I actually bookmarked that thread!

4. alts01

alts01 Member

Hi,

I just need a simple PAL to NTSC converter, just to convert Mpeg PAL Files to Mpeg NTSC Files.

Any help to find this software is wellcome.

thanks

Antonio

5. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Any version of Procoder will work. TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress is also a good choice. It can convert just about anything to anything. It also offers a wide range of filters, a video editor, etc. You can even increase the audio volume (gain) of a DVD with this program.

6. dizzyduck

dizzyduck Regular member

If your goal is to go directly to DVD, Film Machine can convert PAL video formats to NTSC compliant DVD discs. You can use the included HCEnc or QueEnc encoders that come with it or can import ProCoder or CCE.

7. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Now that I think about it, I used Nero 6 for my first PAL to NTSC conversion. I suspect later versions could also be used.

The thing to remember about any PAL DVD to NTSC DVD conversion is that all the menus, etc., will be lost in the process. A program like DVDlab will be needed to re-create the menus and extras.

8. EricCarr

EricCarr Regular member

Couldn't you just use DVD Shrink and re-rip the dvd as region free?

9. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

There is more involved than just the region coding. The PAL standard is 25 FPS (frames per second) while NTSC is 29.97 FPS. To go from PAL to NTSC requires either stretching the 25 FPS by adding time to the existing 25 frames or adding extra frames to get to the 29.97. The actual frame size is also different, and has to be adjusted. There are also other "scan" specifications that are different.

Now then, if someone just wants to *watch* a PAL DVD on their computer, there shouldn't be any problem with the various common players using a region free setting.