1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMR-50 - remove title list

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by Tomexx, May 7, 2004.

1. Tomexx

Tomexx Member

Hi,
    I purchased the Panasonic recorder DMR-50 to transfer my old VHS shows to a DVD. All works well except that every dvd has this blue menu with all the starting points. The recorder creates this so it can be used with the Direct Navigator.
    How can I remove the Direct Navigator screen from the dvd so that the disk starts playing my shows automatically without me having to use the menu?

Thanks,
    Tom

2. firewire

firewire Member

I have the DMR-60 which records exactly the same way. If your disc has only one recording the easiest way to get rid of the menu is to rip your recorded disc to your computers hard drive (I use decryptor) and then use a a piece of software like DVD121. You will find the recording plays automatically. The downside is that you use another disc.

When my recorded disc has more than one selection I tend to rip to the hard drive and then use TMPG DVD Author to author the DVD and Record Now to burn. Again you use another disc but the menus you can creat in TPMG are far better than the bog standard you get with the panasonic.

3. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I've had my DMR-e50 for almost a year now. When I create DVD's for other people I use my PC to re-burn the disc; using either DVD Decryptor and DVD2one (movie only mode) or DVDShrink, then Nero or RecordNow to burn.

I do that to remove the crappy title, as well, I've found discs burned in my Panasonic will only play in about 65% of stand alone DVD players.

4. Tomexx

Tomexx Member

Hi,
    Can you give an example of "re-burning" the disc on your computer and taking the titles out using the software you mentioned (I'm pretty new to this).

Thanks,
    Tom

5. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

Just follow the guide in my signature. It is titled "DVD-9 to one recordable DVD using DVD2ONE"

6. Tomexx

Tomexx Member

I checked the guide, but here's what I need to do:
    The dvd disc I made with the Panasonic DMR-50 has some tv shows.

1) How would I use DVDshrink or any other program to remove those titles?

2) One dvd does not play in other players. How can I fix it using some software?
    Thanks,
    Tom

7. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

OK, bear with me. I'm at work so I don't have the software handy to do an exact decription.

- Launch DVD Shrink. Select the drive that the DVD is in. (Should be labeled DVD VIDEO RECORDER)
    - On the next screen, select "re-author"
    - Next screen select "add." Assuming you just have one long movie or show, there should only be one thing to select.
    - You then "next" your way through until it starts processing. I usually make sure I check off all the regions. Make sure you use an empty folder called VIDEO_TS for the output. (caps and the underscore are important)
    - Take that VIDEO_TS folder, and also create a blank folder called AUDIO_TS. Burn these two folders to DVD. I use Record Now in "data disc" mode. I'm pretty sure Nero has a function to burn DVD's.

Thats about it.

Doing this with serve 2 functions: it gets rid of that ugly menu, and it makes the disc playable on a lot more stand alone DVD players.

Last edited: May 11, 2004
  8. Tomexx

Tomexx Member

Thank you, I'll try that tonight.