1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMR E30 Playback Digitizing Problem

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by atozvid, Dec 17, 2003.

1. atozvid

atozvid Member

I have a Panasonic DMR E30 and also a DMR E20 and am experiencing the same problem with both machines. If I copy a video tape onto a DVD using the DMR E30 or the DMR E20, nine times out of ten the DVD will begin to un-digitize and/or freeze during playback on a DVD player or DVD drive. Sometimes the DVD will playback fine on the DMR E20 or E30 used to create the DVD. Occaisionally the freezing and un-digitizing will occur even while using the DMR machine as playback source.

I've tried at least 10 different brands of DVD players or DVD drives and end up with the playback problem. I've also tried 3 different types of blank DVDs and still get the problem.

I would like to hear back from anyone who has had this same problem and what your solution was..... By the way Panasonic was of no help, they claim no one has ever called with this type of problem.

2. cwheeler

cwheeler Guest

I have had a similar problem when there is noise in the source material especially when copying old 1/2" reel to reel family videos. Inserting a TBC in the video path eliminated most of this. I finally copied to DVD-RAM and, edited out the bad spots on my computer then burned a DVD copy.