1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMR-E80HP-S / No sound on recording

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by jjk454ss, Oct 14, 2004.

1. jjk454ss

jjk454ss Member

I just bought this DVD recorder, so sorry if this is a newbie mistake. I recorded a few shows tonight, and while they were playing I watched part of a show from the beginning and everything worked. Now the recording is done and I went to watch it and have no sound.

I recorded regular TV from the Antenna, I recorded it onto the HDD. I have the DVD Recorders video hooked to the TV with the Component Video, the sound is through a Marantz reciever using the Optical Digital Out. I can watch TV through the recorder and all is fine, I have video and sound. I tried the audio button, it switches between L, R, and L R. It doesn't change anything.

If I hood up the sounds with the RCA cable it works. Why doesn't the audio work with the digital cable? It is digitally recording it. Am I doing something wrong?

Can someone help me get the sound working? I really don't know what to even try. Thanks

Last edited: Oct 14, 2004
  2. chrisjwu

chrisjwu Guest

hey
    DID YOU CHECK THE MANUEL?!?!?!?? IT has a trouble shoot on it.. on page 49 at the bottom..

Check the connections and settings. Check the input mode on the amplifier if you have connected one. pages 7-9,42

≥Press [AUDIO] to select the audio. page 17,96

Turn off V.S.S. in the following cases. page 29

–When using discs that do not have surround sound effects such as Karaoke discs.

–When playing MTS broadcast programs.

≥The disc may have a restriction on the method of audio output. If “D.MIX” does not appear in
    the display when playing multi-channel DVD-Audio, only audio for the two front channels will
    be output. Refer to the disc’s jacket. [DVD-A]
    HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2004