1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMR- E85H: Problem making chapters

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by c3po, Oct 11, 2004.

1. c3po

c3po Member

If i create a DVD from a recording as it is, he cuts up the program into 5 min chapters.
    When i create chapters within the program, then create a playlist from the chapters, and then when dubbing i choose the playlist instead of the program for copying, the result is the same.
    My cuts are gone and the program is again cut up into 5 min chapters..

2. MTT1960

MTT1960 Member

I haven't tried this with my E85H yet. However this recorder has more problems then just that!

Try recording a 1 hr XP or a 2 hr SP recording onto a (blank)DVD-RAM disc using the TV Guide Menu or VCR+ key. You will find out that the recording ends up on the Hard Drive! Why??? Because the E85H has flawed Firmware and for some reason adds 1 minute to any recording time. Since the XP recording is 61 minutes or the SP recording 121 minutes it will not fit and the E85H already knows this and puts it onto the Hard Drive.

Panasonic's answer so far (at least from their "technical support" people) is that since the recorder does this is must be normal and OK! What an answer! Just because someone screwed up the firmware doesn't mean it is ok - unless they just don't understand what firmware is, and how the recorder should work???

I will keep returning my E85H until they issue a firmware fix and/or the recorder works properly.

PANASONIC ARE YOU LISTENING???

I have been buying Panasonic/ Technics products for over 35 years and can't believe there current
    customer support.

Michael

Last edited: Oct 11, 2004
  3. c3po

c3po Member

Hi,
    That doesn't look good!
    Is there a way to check the version of the firmware?
    I believe you asked me about the manufactoring date.
    I didn't see it on the back or on the bottom..
    Mine is bought in Germany in August.

4. c3po

c3po Member

Found it!
    rtfm always helps.
    As it says on page 36: only when high speed dubbing is used, a dvd-r can contain self-made chapters, otherwise they are cut up in 5min chapters.
    This is all due to the setting "high speed compatible" I had to do before recording.

Next time better i hope!

greetings!