1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic dvd player

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by kodygirl, Oct 12, 2004.

1. kodygirl

kodygirl Member

ok, this is my problem: with some dvds i try to watch (not all), the screen periodically flashes to blue for about 1/2 a second, and when it's not flashing blue, the brightness goes from perfect to very dark and has a weird tint to it. it is really annoying to rent a movie and then not even be able to enjoy it. someone told me that an rf modulator can fix this problem, does anyone know if this is true? thanks!

2. X_BuRn3r

X_BuRn3r Member

Do you have your player connected directly to the tv or through another appliance? It seems as though you may have your player linked up to your video player first. You see most DVD's have a copy-protection embedded into them so when the signal is sent through a vcr it causes that flashing/brightness adjust to occur.
    The way to solve this is by either:
    1.) connecting your player directly to the tv set.
    2.) Having your player chipped which would also make it multi-region and....
    3.)An RF-Modulator, a little black box which connects your dvd-player and vcr together and then plugs into your tv.
    The cheapest and easiest way would be the first.

Hope this helps :)