1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic dvd-rp56

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by b-rine, Sep 17, 2004.

1. b-rine

b-rine Member

Hey to all from a newbie!! Here's my problem, guys. I have a Panasonic dvd player that supposedly will play a dvd-r/w. I have read as many forums as possible on this site about the player reading (or not reading and playing) a dvd-r/w made from a previously bought or rented dvd. The general conclusion that I have come up with is the media is cheap, therefore my player will not read my burnt dvd-r/w. I am asking you guys if you think that this is the problem or if you have seen this problem in the past. The dvd-rom on the computer DOES play the burnt copy on my computer; the player will not. I am using DVD X Copy Platinum in the simple mode and burning just fine. I am even eliminating all of the "special effects" and useless subtitles of previews to lower the compression and have plenty of room to get the movie itself on the disc. Any suggestions??????????????

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Media is very important to stand alone DVD players -- Did you check that copy you made for errors ? It may be well worth it for you to procure a good media and burnt it at a slower pace.

Good Luck.

3. b-rine

b-rine Member

Thanx for the reply! How in the world do you burn at a slower pace? And how do you check for errors? Thanx so much, -- brian

4. b-rine

b-rine Member

Sooooooooo sorry!!!!! Just figured out why it would not play it! Website for Panasonic says it will play dvd-r/w. Instruction manual (just now found) says " will not play: DVD-Audio, PAL discs, DVD-ROM, DVD-R/DVD-RAM, CD-ROM, CD-G, +RW, DVD-RW, CVD, SVCD, SACD, Divx Video Discs, and Photo CD." Like I said, the Panasonic.com website says that this player-- DVD-RP56 will play DVD-R/W and DVD+R/W. IT WILL NOT!! Thnax for all the help and KUDOS to an excellent website!!!!!!!!!!!! Brian

5. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Grinzzzzz Big !! Good show , one problem gone for you -- Have a great Day !

Regards