1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DVR-531H Question

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by SparTodd, Apr 12, 2007.

1. SparTodd

SparTodd Member

Last weekend I recorded a sporting event and burned one copy to DVD without any problems. A three hour event, btw.

I began the process of burning another copy and let it run while I went to work. I came home and found the DVR displaying the following message:

Repair Err

Thinking it was perhaps a problem with the blank DVD, I inserted a new blank and began the burn again. Same message occurred, which now leads me to believe that the source data is corrupt.

Would that assumption be correct? If not, any thoughts as to what my problem might be and how it might be corrected?

TIA

EDIT: Please to give too much sheet to the n00bie on the block.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  2. JVC

JVC Active member

I don't know, unless the tv show was encrypted so only one copy could be made. Some downloads are that way, or so I've heard.

Maybe if you watch it first, then try another copy? Just throwing ideas. That probably won't work either.
    Good luck!

3. SparTodd

SparTodd Member

Thanks for the suggestion, JVC.

As it turns out I found the solution, or at least a workaround, very early this morning. DVR is just sort of simplified computer, right? Well, all I did for lack of a better idea was to reboot the mutha...AKA pulling the plug and plugging it back in.

Who the heck would have thought that would work, but it did. :)