1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic E85H: Can this PLAYBACK +R as well as -R??

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by ohyardman, Jan 9, 2005.

1. ohyardman

ohyardman Guest

Sorry to be High Maintenance, but nowhere on the Paasonic website does it specifically say the unit will PLAY DVD+Rs recorded on a computer-based burner.
    Since most players will playback most formats (+,-, +RW, -RW, I ASSumed it would...but can't get confirmation.

I've got a NEC +R burner on my computer, so all my DVDs are +R. Since I'll be spending over $400 for the Panny, just wanted to make sure it was capable of PLAYING back +R DVDs. (I know it won't record on them).

IF you have a Panasonic E85H, please let me know...

Thanks!

2. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

I doubt you will have any problems playing DVD+Rs on it. Rewritables are a different story, but I have a Panasonic from '97 and even that plays +Rs. Just a hint when burning DVD videos. Use Nero and burn as 'DVD-Video' which will set the booktype to 'DVD-ROM', the same as your commercial DVDs. Here, dvdvhelp lists your recorder:
    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers...h&Search=Search&country=&orderby=Name&hits=25

Last edited: Jan 10, 2005