1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Home DVD firmware update

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by lister, Mar 21, 2002.

1. lister

lister Guest

Anybody out there help with the following..

I have the latest Firmware disc for Various Panasonic stand alone home DVD players ( rv21/26/31/41/71 plus loads of other's)

all you do is basically bung it in the player follow onscreen destructions and it updates ya firmware..
    Now stick with me... does anyone think its poss to edit the firmware on the disc to reprog the player firmware with a diff region either reg 1 or reg 9 / 0 mult reg..

as far as i can make out by looking at sites who do the flashing is the disk they use is the panasonic firmware disc but its obviously been changed to suit there needs, and they wanna charge 50-60 quid..they also say that the macro can be disabled in the firmware aswell..

If there are any techies out there with a knowledge of DVD firmware / disassembling programs type things I am willing to send ya a copy of the disc for you to have a play with, but obviously i aint gonna send hundreds out to everyone because you just wanna update ya firmware..

if ya need more info just reply to me and we can discuss futher or e-mail john@eastcoast1.freeserve.co.uk

cheers all

Lister

2. cobra2002

cobra2002 Guest

Hi I might just know some one that could do the job, dont know I will ask him and let ya know a.s.a.p. Also ive been searching the web for multiregion update for my Technics sc-dv280 and was wondering if that was on the disk, because if it can be modified it will help me out too.

P.S Technics and Panasonic are same company just in case any one thought I was asking a very stupid question. :)

3. lister

lister Guest

Dunno on the technic's support m8 - but will ave a look 4 ya and let ya know..

Lister

4. cobra2002

cobra2002 Guest

Sorry m8 I dont think i can get the firmware edited the person I thought could do it. did not sound optimistic at the challnge

5. chaos72

chaos72 Member

Hi lister !!

I own a dvd-rv31 pal region2

i'd like to know what benefits results by upgrading my firmware ?

Can U tell me where can i found it ?

THANKS !!!

6. FREDo

FREDo Member

Hi Lister. Would it pe possible to let me know how can I get this Firmware disc. I've a DVD A-110 panasonic who need it who don't read home made CD...

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Fred / Paris / FGLPRODS@AOL.COM

7. lister

lister Guest

The disk is a engineers disk - direct from panasonic. cost approx £30.

8. square

square Guest

Hi guys. I've come across this forum - nice surprise! I've got Technics SC-DV170 and I'd kill for the tiniest chance to play burned CD/VCD/DVD. Don't care about removal of Macrvision or zoning. HELP, HELP, HELP !!!