1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic plasma or Sony LCD ?

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by Ken1222, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Poison47

Poison47 Member

Plasmas are fading away. The first plasmas are actually leaking plasma and they can not be fixed. I would go with LCD

2. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Ced, You da Man!

3. NOLA_guy

NOLA_guy Member

U guys are killing me, but in a good way, I just ordered the 52XBR4 and I have a Panasonic DMP-BD30K Blue Ray which is awesome, I'm playing it on my Sony KDL-46S2000 currently. I don't have any complaints on the blacks, whites, blues, yellows, greens, and reds! So why am I'm I updadting, well my country needs some stimulation and I feel the need to do my part, besides that Blue Ray is dying to run at 1080P, but I hate the idea I might not be getting the best bang for my buck?
    My younger brother has the 40XBR5 and he loves it, I think it rocks also, he did have to play with the 120m setting for each inpute, but no problem, just glad Sony has the flexability. Hey if I'm making the wrong choice, then Consumer Reports and I have something in common since the 52XBR4 is their No.1 LCD with a rating of 79, now do they understand all the techno just introduced here.... maybe not, but their equipment test the picture, which is what I'm buying. Oh, there is no TV in the world that does not need tweeking after you get it in your home. So, all I can say is I hope to see the GIANTS kick som Patriot butt on my new Sony! Thanks for inpute all, it's all good.
    Mark