1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic PT61LCX70 any good?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Nissan101, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Nissan101

Nissan101 Regular member

2. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

For the price, not bad, as this tv is 720 and now is a dinosaur. But for $1000, and free ship for 61 inches, I'd buy it as a second tv. As long as not a refurb!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2008
  3. Nissan101

Nissan101 Regular member

great, then if this was a second tv, what would be my first option?

4. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

I know I'm gonna get a lot of flack for this, but I like LCOS technology ( $ony SXRD and JVC D-ILA ) tv's

5. Nissan101

Nissan101 Regular member

i really like that kds 60A3000

but why should i not get anything refurbished if it is cheaper and fixed?

6. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Help me out, what's that?

7. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

It's a SXRD (LCoS) display - Sony's rear projection LCD. Yea, like iluvendo said, if your on a really tight budget for a big screen tv, roll with that. If not, and you can spend a few hundred dollars more, go with a nice DLP set.

Mitsubishi and Samsung will be your best bet for a nice DLP. I found this 57" Mitsubishi DLP at newegg.com for 1399, not to bad IMO. So for 300 or 400 dollars more, you can get a much better tv then that one you had suggested at first.

Or, you could spend a couple more hundred dollars and get a 65"! Check out this 65" DLP by Mitsubishi. It's going for 1699 right now at newegg.

I would never spend any amount of money on a refurb. I don't care what it cost, it's just not worth the hassle of dealing with something that is more likely to go bad on you. Think about it, would you rather buy some refurbed brake parts or buy a new set of brakes? Well I don't know what your answer would be but, I sure as hell don't want to have the chance of experiencing some faulty brakes! Usually, when it comes to tv's, there isn't that much of a price break anyways - at least from what I've seen.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2008
  8. Nissan101

Nissan101 Regular member

thanks you guys

im going to research a few more weeks and go to stores visit the electronics department and find what is best. I have one year untill USA goes all digital

9. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Just honest truth!

10. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

@ Nissan101

Ok I went into Circuit City last night and checked out all their new tv's. The only three sets that really stood out to me was the Panasonic TH-58PZ700U, the Mitsubishi WD-Y657, and the Sony KDL-52XBR4.

The Panny was full of rich vibrant colors and was very smooth. Looked real nice up close. The 52" Sony XBR (hooked up to Blu-ray) looked very nice from all viewing angles and had a very clean picture. The only draw back to the Sony was some artifacts here and there when looking up close but, other then that the picture looked great. The Mitsubishi was nice, very nice. The images were bright and had a very clean, crisp look to it. I can't complain about anything on that particular tv other then the viewing angle. If your sitting to the side of it, good luck getting a good view without some shadowing. Sitting dead center though, excellent picture. Now the whole shadowing issue, probably wouldn't be an issue in a very dark room, the lighting conditions at the store weren't that great.

IMO, I liked the look and feel that the Mitsubishi gave me. And for the size of the tv, it's not priced that bad - definitely a lot cheaper then the other two tv's. So like I've said before, if you're gonna go big, go with a DLP.

Oh yea, this is just all my opinion. ;)
    I suggest going into your local stores and getting a feel for all the different technologies.

Shalom my brotha...