1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic SC-HT670 Question...

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by dmosher, Dec 16, 2004.

1. dmosher

dmosher Member

Hi there everyone. I just recently got the Panasonic SC-HT670 as a gift. I got it all working for the AM/FM, CD/DVD and stuff, but I can't for the life of me get sound from the TV to go through the receiver. I have hooked up the audio cables from the TV to the receiver, and set the receiver to TV mode, but the only sound I can get it out of the TV speakers themselved.

If anyone has any ideas they could share (since I can't get through to Panasonic support...), I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks in advance,

dmosher

2. Newuser0

Newuser0 Guest

I assume you have the wires from the "audio out" port on the back of your tv connected to the receiver? Also check that the audio out option has not been disabled in your TV setup menu. Only thing I can suggest is to try different jacks on the back of the receiver and see if you are getting any sound out of them.

3. dmosher

dmosher Member

Hey Newuser0! Yes, the wires from audio out on the tv are connected to the TV audio IN on the receiver. I checked on the TV (which is also panasonic) and in the menu, the only audio item I could find was set to stereo...Mono and SAP I think were the other options. I have tried plugging the audio IN on the received into the AUX and VCR inputs, but to no avail. Think it could be a dead receiver?

* - UPDATE - *
    I got ahold of Panasonic...finally. They said that it is an issue with my TV. I just need to figure out how to disable the TV speakers on the set, but I can't find any info on how to do it!!! My model # isn't even listed on their web site (Panasonic : CT-32G6E) -- and I got tired of waiting on hold for the tech department. So now I am back to sqaure one again!!! Argh!! :D

Last edited: Dec 17, 2004