1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic SV-AV100 Camcorder

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Edelman, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Edelman

Edelman Member

Does anyone have any experience with editing the video from this solid state camcorder? File are stored as MPEG-2 although for some reason they seem to use a .MOD extention.

The largest card I can get is 512Mb which at the best quality gives only 11 minutes of video so I am looking for a simple way to dump the data into my computer and just blow it out to a CD so I can get back to filming. Any suggestions for what might work?

Also the editing program that comes with it is pretty horrible. I know there are a number of programs out there but it would be nice to know if anyone has had good success with one in combination with this unit.

Apologies in advance if this is on the web somewhere, but I did look. Its kind of hard for a newbie to sort through the specialized programs for something simple.

Steve

2. jackbrown

jackbrown Member

Hi, we've set up a forum to address this issue, among many others which come up when editing the video on this camcorder.

The short answer to your question is, you need to install a codec on your computer to edit the video; then find a compatible editor (the included software is garbage, and Premiere won't work with mpeg).

check out the forum at http://www.jackbrown.us/camera/index.php

3. timwil

timwil Member

if it is serious editing you want to do try M2Edit Pro - it cost around U$500 but it will allow you to edit by frame in MPEG2 - very nice!