1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH50PX60 - Any good and how to look after?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by yoclick, Apr 1, 2007.

1. yoclick

yoclick Member

Hi,

Well im new but been doing a lot of research into the latest breed of TV's! ATM I only have a 28" CRT Widescreen Philips display which needs updating. I have found an Panasonic TH50PX60 for an amazing price but was wondering if anyone knows anything about this display. I know its 1080i and not 1080p but didnt think this was a huge minus?

It will be used as a main tele in the living room, hooked up to my set-top box which IS NOT receiving any HD content at the mo and doubt i will upgrade soon. Really what I like about the display is its size and im looking to use occasionally for my Xbox 360 and in a year or so, use it for HD content.

So any reviews on this model, and tips on how to look after for the first few months would be brilliant.

Many Thanks

2. sd72667

sd72667 Regular member

I own the TH50PX50 and it is a great TV. The Panasonic TH50PX60 is even better. My friend has one and I set it up for him. For more information, go here, www.avsforum.com and do a search and you will
    run out and buy it.

3. diabolos

diabolos Guest

It is one of the best plasmas for the money manly because of its amazing contrast ratio. The new Panasonic plasmas are out now so you might find the old ones for a very good price. You do know that you can get free HD programming over the air for free right?

Ced

4. yoclick

yoclick Member

Just trying to source on at the moment, been doing searching in avforum (UK equivilent) and it seems a very good set. Diabolos, you can get HD programs for free?? Are you in the UK because i havent heard anything like this...!

5. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Oh my bad. No, I'm in Ohio (USA)...lol It is possible to use an antenna with the TV's built-in ATSC tuner to get HDTV for free over the air in the states.

Sorry,
    Ced

6. yoclick

yoclick Member

Could you compare with picture quality of the 50px60 with the pioneer 507XD? If so which is better?

7. sd72667

sd72667 Regular member

Go to www.avsforum.com and click Plasma. Do a search there or ask your question and maybe you will get more help.