1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic U2 vs S2 Plasma series? What are the differences?

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by BLKBRDTA, Nov 5, 2010.

1. BLKBRDTA

BLKBRDTA Member

Hey guys,

Just like the subject title states, what are the differences/advantages between both of these HDTV models? I have decided on a Panasonic Plasma 1080p but I can't seem to distinguish any difference between the two model lines!

Thanks for any and all help in advance!

2. domanits

domanits Guest

Yes it is something that really interest me too. What is exactly the different between those two since they're both plasma tv.

removing nits

3. BLKBRDTA

BLKBRDTA Member

After combing the web for a few days straight, I think I have finally come across a lead in a positive direction..

Apparently the Panasonic U2 series has only 900 moving picture lines on it's screen. Meaning although this HDTV is advertised as full 1080p, it actually comes up 180 lines short with what could be referred to as "900p." Also, the U2 series does not boast NeoPDP technology like the S2 series does. What this means is that on the S2 model, the black's are darker and the whites are brighter, creating more vivid color images over the U2 model. The S2 even consumes a bit less power than the U2.

I guess everyone who purchased the U2 model didn't do all of their homework..

Skip U2 series and go with the S2 model everyone, they are pretty much the same price too!

4. Shopper1212

Shopper1212 Member

BLKBRDTA: Thanks for posting the follow up to your own question. Your efforts have saved me hours of research! Much appreciated!