1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pansat 3500

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fjcross, May 5, 2006.

1. CPK2006

CPK2006 Member

Molsen
    you NEED two (2) dishes. One points at the BEV satelite the other points at the US dish. Usually the US dish has two (2) LNBs. One LNB picks up satelite 110 the other satelite 119. So in total you will have two (2) dishes three LNBS and one (1) receiver either Pansat or Viewsat.

Hopes this makes sense

2. Molsen913

Molsen913 Member

i understand that yes.
    there is no way to just use my bell dish and get just those channels.
    i am sure i know a couple people who just steal the bell channles with 1 dish with a coolsat 6000

3. CPK2006

CPK2006 Member

Hey Molsen
    Yes you can do that infact I know a number of people that did that. Just get the FTA receiver, put it where your BEV was, make sure it is programmed and bang you got BEV free. You can even watch the HD FTA and got those signals for free (if you get a HD FTA receiver) !!! If you do that look at the Viewsat with USB key as it is MUCH easier to program.

4. Molsen913

Molsen913 Member

ok thats what ill do .. when u say FTA reciever.. is that like pansat 3500?

5. CPK2006

CPK2006 Member

yes the FTA is the Free To Air receiver like the Pansat 3500. I would suggest looking at the Viewsat Extreme, Jerry "the God in this form swears by it and gave his Pansat to his daughter I think. I agree with him that the Viewsat Extreme is nice

6. Ectropian

Ectropian Member

Before you say "bad caps", first off this is a hand-me-down box that i have NEVER got a picture on ever.

I have dialed in the dish pro 500 (DP dual-LNB) using my DN box and get 125 signal strength, so the sat is positioned semi-correctly.

I have set my sats to:
    Echo 7
    LNB type Dish-Pro
    LNB Local-Freq. 11250
    22kHz Off
    Diseqc: #1
    Legacy none
    TP 12239

I get a "level of 57% constantly, but 0% quality.

No matter where I move the dish to, I cannot get any higher than 57% Level (assuming this is the signal level), and NEVER any Quality.

#1 it doesn't jump from 0 to 90% and back, It just sits there.

#2 I checked, and neither c13 or c14 are bulging at the top, nor leaking at the bottom. I'm relatively new to electronics, so I've never done any soldering, but I'm sure I could if I had to. I'm just not sure it's necessary as neither of those capacitors seem to be even remotely bad.

Any ideas?

7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Here are a few things to try, but most are from memory so I'm not 100% sure. With the DP setup, I think the 22khz setting needs to be on and where you have Legacy None--I think needs to one of the other settings also. Where you have them set now are for single type LNBs. I also assume you have the latest bin file loaded in the receiver. Without that you will get almost nothing in the way of channels.

Jerry

8. Ectropian

Ectropian Member

I've tried many variations:

Currently tried
    Legacy Twin LNB 1
    22kHz On
    Diseqc 1

TP refuses to stay changed. I change from 12225 to 12239 or 12370 and when I exit/save it changes back to 12225.

Still, no signal, 0% quality. What is the "Level" meter for on the 3500? i can point the dish at the ground and it still says 56%. When I disconnect the coax, I still get 31% .. any ideas there?

9. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I found this posted on another site. See if it helps.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    DishPro TWIN, QUAD or PLUS LNBs have an internal DiSEq switch and use an LO of 11250

For FTA receivers the switch settings are:
    LNB Type = OCS DP
    LNB Freq = 11250
    DiSEqC = 1(or A) for 119 (Echo7)
    DiSEqC = 2(or B) for 110 (Echo 8,10)

Use no external switches unless you are adding a 3rd satellite/LNB to your system. You will also need to use a DP channel list OR manually edit the H transponders

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Jerry

10. 53709

53709 Member

11. cauwin

cauwin Member

Please help, please!!!!!

I have just upgraded to pansat 3500sd from coolsat 5000, I know that I have alot readings to do but I am afraid that I have bought the clone because when I loaded bin file to the box, it said not the bin file ( I downloaded from tvkeyz and bindepot), but when I clicked on the option "channel only" not on "app only" and it was working.
    The TV screen is still black and later appear (scrmmmmble).
    I wonder why the box acts like that. is it the clone???

12. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Here is a link to the main Pansat site (free to Join). Depending on what was already done to your 3500, you may need to upgrade the boot file. The second link is to that process. There is also information there about HOW TO TELL IF YOU HAVE A CLONE. My guess is that the boot file needs updated first. Hope this helps.

http://www.future-fta.info. (Main site)
    http://www.future-fta.info/Forums/showthread.php?t=44121 (boot file process)

Jerry

13. cauwin

cauwin Member

Thank you for yr response, I check on it and give you feed back later. I thought I could use the shortcut based on what I know from coolsat. Well, it is not. The pansat is not friendly interface as coolsat , (atleast for me). I have to do it from the beginning now.

Thanks again Jerry. I am just happy cause someone's out there look out for me.

14. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The boot upgrade process only needs done one time, then it should also as easy as the Coolsats. The 3500 has the option to use a flash drive if I'm not mistaken which will be even easier once you learn how the first time.

Jerry

15. cauwin

cauwin Member

The boot upgrade process only needs done one time, then it should also as easy as the Coolsats. The 3500 has the option to use a flash drive if I'm not mistaken which will be even easier once you learn how the first time.

Jerry[/quote]

Jerry,
    Finally, I got it working. The problem is the loader for my pansat is 35.01. I used the old one(GTRom Loader V3.40, I got from the previous pages from this thread). I get the new one at the pansatusa website. It has the package with everything needed( factory bin, boot bin, loader, instructions).
    I still stand by with the friendly stuff. Pansat uses 3 numbers and 3 letters to name a channel.(ex:cartoon network =123car). I don't know most of the channels. I have to sort them out to group them together and lock them too.

16. CPK2006

CPK2006 Member

Hey Jerry

is this forum still active? Havent seen anything listed since April 7th

17. cannibal6

cannibal6 Member

hello i have a pansat 2700 and it was working fine like 2 hours ago but right now when i turn it on it gives me signal of 99% on all tp's but no quality on any of then i got the new bin file and same thing and then got the old bin again and same thing what do you think happend? is the lnbs the problem or is it pansat???

18. dodger18

dodger18 Member

Question about pansat3500sd remote, after working on and off, mine stopped, changed batteries, light goes on when I press buttons, pressed all the buttons toggled back button on the unit, nothing, any ideas

19. Batbc

Batbc Member

Try pressing the button labelled STB first.

20. nmishra

nmishra Member

Hi Jerry
    I have pansat3500 and previously I had one TV and one receiver from dish network. I use to get all Indian Hindi channels but recently I got another TV due to which I had to replace my existing receiver with another single receiver with multi TV function. Now when I blind scan I get only ZeeSports. I am not getting any other channel. Can anyone tell me what can be the reason?