1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pansat 3500

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fjcross, May 5, 2006.

1. crowbar91

crowbar91 Member

hey jerry how long for the pansat3500

2. shak4031

shak4031 Member

Jerry -- If i buy a standard viewsat, is there anything I need to do to it first before programming it...ie soldering, wiring, etc...I'm just curious, i paid a lot of money for my pansat 3500 SD and am a little pieved that all i had to do was load a bin to get it programmed. I could have easily done that myself, i thought there was some more heavy duty moding that had to be implemented to open all of the channels.

3. CPK2006

CPK2006 Member

Hey Jerry

I took your advice and bought a Viewsat Extreme. It cost me $20 over the Platium so I said what the heck. I didn't like the light since it doesn't have the SD card slot. I found it easy to program the Pansat 3500sd with the SD card.

Should I now regiser for the Viewsat forums to get the bin files etc? What can you recommend to join? Do you give advice on these forums as well?

4. cadu1974

cadu1974 Member

Hey everyone, I am new to FTA, so I am not familiar with this. I owe a pansat 3500s but I can't put it to work. Recently, I loaded the latest 3500 bin to my receiver but it doesn't give me the option to scroll down to parental control to take me into the CAS system menu to enter the new keys. Both parental control and channel edit are black with no option to access them. Can anyone help me? I hope I could explain my problem.

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

@CPK2006, These are the 2 forums that seem to support Viewsat the most.

http://www.totalfta.com.
    http://www.hashhu.com.

I registered twice at Total but never received the last conformation e-mail so I can read and download but can't post there. I kind of like Hashhu somewhat better anyway. Once files are released for any brand receiver, they usually show up on every forum in time. I don't post much on any fta forum, I just usually read alot.

@crowbar91, No exact time frame on the Pansat fix, but a good bit of the programming needed has been released now so hopefully not much longer.

@shak4031, Viewsat programming about the same as the Pansat 3500. Very easy---no soldering or modification needed. Just load the file by computer.

@cadu1974, try to enter 8282 with your remote. That should take you to the cas menu. You need to scan the channels and have some in there before you can access the other options like parental control and channel edit.

Jerry

Last edited: Sep 26, 2006
  6. crowbar91

crowbar91 Member

jerry thanx for the info r u going to post the fix on here when it comes out

7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I had a conversation with dRD (Owner of Afterdawn) about rules concerning FTA postings and how much information we can post. If you look at the top of this sections listing, there is a statement about discussing Piracy and descrambling issues. This statement was made to cover cable TV but at that time FTA wasn't too popular as it is today. It was decided that the same rules apply to FTA and therefore posting of the actual files should not be allowed. This also applies to key numbers in open forum. We can still help you locate the file and keys needed by other means either as a link or in a PM, just no direct posting. We need to keep Afterdawn legal even though the forum is located outside the USA. No need to have a spotlight on us for posting the wrong type of information. As an example someone may ask::: [bold]Can someone PM me the latest key numbers?[/bold]
    Hopefully you will get what you need or at least a link to find the info. Just use your heads and we can continue helping each other without needing a mod to get involved.

Jerry

8. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

9. crowbar91

crowbar91 Member

hey thanx jerry for the info

10. CPK2006

CPK2006 Member

Thanks Jerry are you allowed to tell us the name of the latest BIN file for the Pansat 3500sd. Obviously we need this to load our dishes but do we also need new codes

11. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Well here is a link to the file, but the problem may be getting in there to get it. It seems most of the sites are jambed up with everyone trying to get the files. Good luck getting in there.

http://www.al7bar.tk/Forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29493&d=1159369753

The file is numbered 355 dated today.

Jerry

There is a new loader included in the zip file download. Be sure to use the new loader.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2006
  12. CPK2006

CPK2006 Member

Thanks Jerry I registered on that site but they say I don't have access to that link

13. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Both Pansat sites Al7bar and Future-FTA are just getting back up from a server upgrade. Both sites are running very slow and with some problems.
    Here is another link at www.fsfta.com. I was able to get right in there. You may have to register there also.

http://www.fsfta.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1131&d=1159370006
    Sorry, it is the correct link for the 3500.

Jerry

Last edited: Sep 27, 2006
  14. GIOTDI

GIOTDI Member

jerry-they can also get them on dsscentral.net
    LATEST FILE

P.OUT

LET'S START JERRY'S OFFICIAL FAN CLUB
    IF YOU RUN FOR PRESIDENCY YOU GOT MY VOTE !!!

15. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Once files are released every site posts them. The problem is this was such a long wait that everyone is trying to get into all sites. I belong to about 10 sites and can hardly get onto any of them.

Thanks for the FAN CLUB offer, but I just like helping out if I can. NO office for me thanks. You make too many enemies that way, LOL.

Jerry

16. fjcross

fjcross Member

@cadu1974
    this situation usually occure when you don't have a cannel list in your receiver, perform a blaind scan from menu to get the channel list and the Parental control and the channel edit come activated.

17. CPK2006

CPK2006 Member

but Jerry if you run for the presidency you can over turn the whole FTA laws! I am from CDN and would still vote for you

18. GIOTDI

GIOTDI Member

Jerry-FTA GOD_LOL i'm helping a friend to set up his viewsat and i know that you got one can you help me out?
    i install the file
    the channel list and sat list also i found a file for the opkey from like june. we did the scan .channel appers but no image and no sound. i went to the key code and is showing different stuff than my pansat. Any tips?

after seeing the viewsat i'm love even more in love with my pansat 3500

19. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

@GOITDI, It may take about 5 minutes for the Viewsat to find the keys and update itself. I just put it on one of the PPV channels around 502 and left the room. About 5 minutes later when I came back in there was picture. Not sure how long it actually took to roll but less than 5 minutes. I just loaded the new file when I first got it and then scanned the sats for channels. The last update I just loaded the new file again and waited a few minutes and the picture came right in. Keys from June are outdated. Make sure in the setup menu that auto roll is turned on and also Auto TP update is on.

Jerry

20. shak4031

shak4031 Member

Anyone have any experience with connecting the pansat to a dvd recorder along with TV. TV works find via Component output but my dvd recorder has rf input and av input (composite) but neither sees channels from the pansat if out. I attempted to push the signal from my tv via av (composte) out to dvd recorder input but I can't get the signal to my dvd recorder. Any help would be appreciated!!