1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Partial or 'forced' subtitles over foreign dialect - Help please guys?

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by LSANDE, Jun 19, 2007.

1. LSANDE

LSANDE Member

Hey guys, new to the forum but being burning DVDs for a while now. I usually do it thru Shrink and Fab decrypter should I encounter an error but need help with subtitles (APOLOGIES if this is old news etc). I reauthor the disc to get the best quality but as you guys know, some parts of some movies contain english subtitles when that part of the movie is in foreign dialect. I ran a movie thru Shrink back along and it and had 3 different english subtitle choices. I chose the smallest (2mb) subpicture and was happy the dvd burned with only the subtitles for foreign dialect and I didn't need to turn them ON with my DVD player menu. Obviously some movies only have 1 english subpicture menu and if you tick it, you then have to turn them ON thru the player menu etc and have the whole movie with subs. Is there a program that will either work with Shrink or a better program than Shrink that will let you see the forced or hidden subs (whatever you choose to call them) when you reauthor a disc so that you don't have to have all the english subs, but only the foreign dialect subs as and when they are required (ie, they pop up automatically when foreign dialect is being spoken as with the movie I ran back along?)

Any help hugely appreciated guys, even if the software you know or recommend needs to be bought.

Kind regards,

Lee

2. Suba

Suba Regular member

3. LSANDE

LSANDE Member

Ok Suba, thanks for the tip - will check it out.