1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Partial Picture Playback

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Treamayne, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Treamayne

Treamayne Member

I have a weird problem and could not find an earlier discussion. Until a few months ago everything was fine, then for no discernable reason all my video playback (Original DVD, DVD-R, RW, MPEG, etc) playsonly the center portion of the picture. It would be as if I 4x zoomed to the center of the picture for playback. This happens with all media, all file types, streaming video and happens on all programs (InterVideo, WMP, Quickplay, etc... ) I've thought about searching out a better playing program, but have the feeling that the problem is something else in the computer and didn't want to work on other programs until I found the problem. Any ideas?

-K-

PS: I have checked for viruses and such, but come up clean as far as I can find.

2. Treamayne

Treamayne Member

nobody has heard of this before? I just found that a Streamed HD Spiderman 3 preview played ok in Quicktime (from NBC.com) but the same preview would not play from yahoo movies. Also, the normal preview played, like everything else, with only the center third-ish of the picture viewable - as if I had zoomed in and could not zoom out.

-K-