1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Partition overlaping

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by ZIZI88, Apr 17, 2007.

1. ZIZI88

ZIZI88 Guest

hello,
    ok I have the next problem. I have a partition which is in size 26,4 GB, was recently 21 GB because I redistributed some space for my dual boot (installed linux), after a while I formated that small part of 5 GB and went to re-add it to the 21 GB partition and for some reason using Paragon I didn't use "Merge partitions" option, instead I went resizeing and thus adding thos 5 gigs to the 21 gigs. That was a mistake and I don't know how did I do that. Anyways now I have a problem. The 13 GB of data on that partition are scrambled, messed up. Here is an example: if I click on a mp3 it starts the audio, only it's not the audio of that mp3 but from some movie on the partition. I came to realize that all the data on that partition is overlaped. Now, in the Active Data Recovery program, when I use the "superscan" option it shows E drive 26,4 GB (the current size, status: excellent) and a 21,4 GB (overlaping partition, status: bad), this other one needs to go and I think that would make all the data on the partition work. Now the question is, how do I do that and will it help?

tnx in advance.

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

You could try defragging the partion..

I'm not sure if that's possible (defraggin one partition on a HDD where there are one or more partitions) though.

Theoretically, it should work, as... (taken from Defragmentation
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

...however, that is just theoretically. You may want someone else to input their advice before going ahead with this as I cannot guarantee it working.

Just a thought.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  3. ZIZI88

ZIZI88 Guest

tnx for your reply, that came across my mind and have tryed it, no luck.