1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

patching doesnt work?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by ATIROCKS, Dec 22, 2004.

1. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

Sup, i backed up Men of Valor onto my new hdd and when i load it up it freezes on the menu screen. I then downloaded Craxtion 4, patched the default.xbe and tryed it again, and no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

p.s: btw, before i patched i ftped the game on my stock hdd and it worked, but for some reason i cant load anything on f:/, so i had to use e:/, why is that?

p.p.s: would it be because of locking the hdd?

2. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

If it's a stock hdd, there's not enough space to create an f partition.

Could be, use config magic or dash utility to lock the replacement hdd.

I've had problems with some games working on burned discs and when I extracted the iso onto the xbox hdd they usually work.Once in a while I'll have trouble getting it to work on the hdd.If you downloaded the game, there may be a hdd fix for the .xbe file.

3. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

Thanks for replying, but i have another problem :p, i have this spare hdd which i used to back-up my games with evox and other apps on it, but for some reason when ever i back-up a game it doesnt load, even after patching it with craxtion 4. Maybe the drive is faulty, cause the only reason why i use that hdd, in particular, is because when i install it on a pc, it is detected, but not usable. So my question is that hdd causing all these problems, and should i get a new one?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2004
  4. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

here's a tutorial on how to make an xbox hdd usable on a pc.http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/pc-hdd.php