1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patching .xbe?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by ATIROCKS, Aug 28, 2004.

1. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

Hi,
    When you are patching a default.xbe for a game, what are you suppose to "modify"? Because i need to patch a default.xbe file for a game i copied to the hdd which wont load. So i need help on patching the default.xbe file. Also, i know that you are suppose to open the default.xbe file with Winhex.

Any responses will be greatly appreciated!

2. mess1

mess1 Regular member

What game are you trying to patch?

3. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Get the Craxtion tool, export your default.xbe file from your Xbox to your PC, open Craxtion and patch it.

4. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

Well, there is this game that i am trying to copy to my hdd, and after i copy it successfully it doesnt load. So, i think i need to patch the default.xbe file, but i dont know, specifically speaking, what i am suppose to do.

p.s: the game i am copying is ESPN NHL Hockey.

5. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

What you could try and do is what I suggested in my previous post. Once the game is ripped onto the HDD, you need to connect your Xbox to your PC and use FTP. FlashFXP is what I use for FTP, by the way. Once FTP is established between your Xbox and your PC, open FlashFXP and find the game on your Xbox. Depend on your settings, it should either be in the "E" or "F" folder. I set mine to use "F". Then inside there should be a folder called "games" or similar, and the game you wanna patch should be in there. Open that folder and find the default.xbe file, transfer that to your PC. Then open Craxtion from your Desktop, choose "patch xbe" or something similar. After it is patched, transfer the patched default.xbe file from your PC back to your Xbox. Restart Xbox and the game should boot. Report back if you still run into troubles.