1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pause In Movie When Reauthoring with Nero/Shrink

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by LionelS, Feb 28, 2005.

1. LionelS

LionelS Member

Can someone help me please or give me some suggestion. I note that when I edit a movie or say a music video using Nero 6 (as well as Shrink) by using the Shortening Video facilty in Nero with the Start/End tool to take out the song or movie segment not wanted, I have to create multiple copies (so I can join the movie and can continue with the unwanted bits out) of the movie by loading these multiple edited titles into dvd structue to create. However after burning this to disc and playing in the dvd player, I note a pause of 2 to 3 seconds between where each title ends and the new one starts of the movie I have edited.

I read through the Nero 6 guide and it has a facility which seems to cover this situation called "merge". I then used the Merge Titles facility to merge all the titles after the above process (prior to burning). However when I viewed the disc after burning it to dvd, again at the point where it changes to next title there is a definate pause making it a little akward to watch. Under the guide for Nero 6 it says (5.2.2) "If a self-made dvd compilation contains a number of titles, you can combine these to one single title so they are seamlessly joined". This is not what happened to me. Can someone please advise how I can rid of the pause or am I doing something wrong with this facility? Surely someone must have a solution or experience with this as this has been a stumbling block for me for a very long time.

2. LionelS

LionelS Member

Regarding the Merge facility in Nero Recode 2 raised above, just an update with this. I have raised this with Nero head office in Germany. After many weeks of the tech support back and forth getting me to try different things and provide details of my system etc (in case my computer was the fault), they finally passed it on to their development team who tried it and acknowledged it was a problem. They are looking at a solution for this but may be a while in development.