1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pauses and repeats

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by nqq, Jan 20, 2003.

1. nqq

nqq Member

I have made a backup of the Jaws dvd (with only the movie and the english audio), but when I try to play it, it will randomly pause the and/or repeat the last second of video and audio. When it pauses, I have to press the next chapter button for it to continue. I also noticed that it has more chapters then the orignal DVD. To make the backup I followed Taran's instructions( http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/articles/DVD2DVD-R_4500_more/). The only part of the guide I skipped was the part about converting the .ac3 file to .wav. So after I used rempeg2(which took 32 hours), I followed this guide: http://www.dvd2dvdr.com/part_iii_Ifo.htm#IfoEdit. I did everything it said except the part about the subtitles. So then I used Roxio Easy CD Creator to create a Data DVD. I pasted the two folders into the project and burnt the dvd. What could I have done wrong? I am using a
    Matshita DVD-R/RAM drive, Memorex DVD-Rs, and Windows XP.

2. nqq

nqq Member

I have tried to burn the movie again but this time I used Nero Burning Rom 5.5.10 Demo. It play perfect on my PC, but on two different standalone players it doesn't do anything. I have wasted 3 DVD-Rs so far trying to figure this all out.

I read something about another version of Nero or not using the wizard in Nero. What should I do?

3. nqq

nqq Member

Do these look like the correct files to burn?

VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    VTS_01_4.VOB
    VTS_01_5.VOB

These are in a folder called VIDEO_TS and there is also an empty folder called AUDIO_TS.
    Why is the audio folder empty?

4. nqq

nqq Member

So far I have had the best luck with Roxio Easy CD Creator 5. Is there a chance I was just doing something wrong that caused the dvd to pause and repeat through the whole movie on one dvd player and jerk and stop completly only near the end of the movie on another player? I only have one more DVD-R left so I was wondering if it would be worth the risk to try Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 again. Any suggestions?

I also have tried using the UDF DVD in Nero and that didn't make a difference.