1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Almost not operating li'l help please

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by Wyattspop, Jun 30, 2015.

1. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

I am.. The only difference is, I Preach FOR IT!

2. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

@Wyattspop,

Whoooo doggie, there is a lot to look at.....

Let's see if we can thin it out some to make it easier on me. :(

This is a generic cleaner that should get rid of the simple stuff:

[​IMG] Scan with ZOEK

Please download ZOEK by Smeenk and save it to your desktop (preferred version is the *.exe one)
    Please also download the attached scriptfile, named zoekscript.txt.

[​IMG] Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware programs, so they do not interfere with the running of Zoek.exe. You can find instructions how to disable your security applications here.

Now, on your Desktop, drag and drop zoekscript.txt on Zoek.exe as shown below:

[​IMG]
    Please approve any UAC prompt to allow this action to proceed.

Answer Yes to the following prompt to allow the zoek script to run:

[​IMG]
    This action causes Zoek.exe to start automatically. Please be patient while Zoek is scanning.

When the tool finishes, the zoek-results.log is opened in Notepad.
    The log is also found on the systemdrive, normally C:\
    If a reboot is needed, the log is opened after the reboot.

Please attach the zoek-results.log to your reply.

2oG :cool:

Attached Files:

3. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Oh please, think nothing of it... With 10 blown discs I've got grumpy down to a science. Had to teach my little boy a keyword to let me know I'm being a prick, I pop Vicodin like others do Tic Tacs.. Before I saw your reply, I ran a full scan on Micro Security Essentials and it found 3 big ones, 2 are severe, 1 trojan, 1 exploit. I removed them but saved an image should you like to know which ones. Before you invest unnecessary time, I will man-up and wipe the PC if you think it best. My wife is on a 4 day vacation so I have help with the munchkin to allow me to reformat

4. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Oh, to answer your question, if I have a VPN it wasn't intentional, so no. I don't exactly understand what they do, so I'd never make one otherwise.

5. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Attached Files:

6. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Well, MSE took care of some that I had the cross hairs on.. :) And it looks like Zoek did it's thing, so how's it acting now?

"fbwuser" is a disabled account and you can probably delete it by going to: Control Panel -> user accounts -> Manage another account -> Click on the fbwuser account and click Delete the account then click Delete Files.
    The folder should be here => C:\Users\fbwuser

MyWebFace is a system file, not a program. We can see if it will cause problems then maybe I can walk you through removing it with Autoruns.exe...

[​IMG] SpyBot S&D Warning

SpyBot S&D is no longer recommend due to very poor testing resultsand can cause problems.
    My advice is to get rid of this program. To do so:
    • Press the [​IMG] + R on your keyboard at the same time. Type appwiz.cpl and click OK.
    • Search for SpyBot, right-click the entry and click Uninstall.
    Note: This is optional, but please consider it.

Please run Adw Cleaner:

[​IMG] Fix with AdwCleaner

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save the file to your desktop.

• Right-click on [​IMG] icon and select [​IMG] Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    • Follow the prompts and click Scan.
    • When finished, please click Clean.
    • Upon completion, click Report. A log (AdwCleaner[S*].txt) will open.

Please attach that file to your reply.

Next:

[​IMG] Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

[​IMG] This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable. [​IMG]

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!
    • Right-click on [​IMG] icon and select [​IMG] Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
    • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
    • When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.

Let me know how it's doing?

2oG o_O

Attached Files:

7. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

You're a Badass for a guy who identifies as 2-old! My PC was on life-support, I was fully expecting to have to do a reformat and ran every AV/Spy/Mal known to man, and you solved it! I will post the last reports in case you see other issues, but my desktop and web are working again, pretty fast too. I'm eternally grateful and would like to reach out to you again if I may.

Attached Files:

8. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

oops.. you attached the old logs, FRST.txt and Addition.txt. I need to see FixLOG.txt. The fixlist.txt name has been changed from list to log. Please attach that one. TNX
    The 2 old was a mistake but I had so much fun with it, I just let it roll on.. Back in the early days of the internet, when I was learning to remove malware, some of the guys I was working with found out I had been a computer programmer since 1965 and they labeled me as the "old geek". I joined Afterdawn in 2005 and tried to get oldgeek but it had been used so, I tried 1oldgeek and oldgeek2 but somehow it came out as 2oldgeek. LOL

Please send me the fixlog.txt and also run a new scan with FRST:

[​IMG] Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to give me a fresh look at your system.
    • Make sure that Addition option is checked.
    • Press Scan button and wait.
    • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
    Please attach these logfiles to your next reply.

2oG :cool:

9. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Hey Brother, since '65, amazing, I was 2 and just had my 52nd bday..Listen, all was ok for about 2 days and it's bogging down faster by the hour, should I just do the dreaded "R" (reformat). If so, can you direct me to a guide so I do a good backup of my data? All my valued family pics n vids are on my PC. I have a 1 TB external attached for backing up, but I've already done like 4 backups on my lappie and desktop and know I'm duplicating about 50% of the same stuff every time..
    Thank you

10. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

BTW I tried some software once to remove duplicate data and think I lost many photos. There's no way I can look through thousands of pics to verify I'm not deleting originals, ya know? If I understand a clean reformat, I want to save everything under my documents which should cover all pics, vids and docs, the software I can either re-download or have discs. Oh, and my PC didn't come with a windows installation DVD set, so I imagine I'll have to DL a copy of W7 off the net...

11. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

use windows explorer to go to your user account under "Users". highlight "My Documents", "My Pictures", "My Videos" & "My Music". right click on them, left click "copy". goto the external hard drive, right click & click on "paste". that is how I do it.

12. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

You made the mistake of thinking your puter was fixed after that first little clean.. It wasn't. There was more to do that can come back to haunt you. As Yogi Berra once said "It ain't over till it's over.":
    About all that "Snake Oil" software will do is cause you more problems.......

Your computer has a RECOVERY partition on drive C and I just imagine that you can recover your operating system without loosing all your programs. Anyway some can and some can't. I would just bet that ddp can help you with that.....

Here are your drives, your boot drive has 301 gigs free and your 1TB drive has only 15% (141Gb) left:

Drive c: (OS) (Fixed) (Total:687.31 GB) (Free:301.32 GB) NTFS
    Drive d: (HP_RECOVERY) (Fixed) (Total:11.23 GB) (Free:1.33 GB) NTFS ==>[System with boot components (obtained from reading drive)]
    Drive f: (U3 System) (CDROM) (Total:0.01 GB) (Free:0 GB) CDFS
    Drive h: (Hitachi) (Fixed) (Total:931.51 GB) (Free:141.03 GB) NTFS
    Drive o: (USB FOR ASU) (Removable) (Total:14.92 GB) (Free:7.13 GB) FAT32

Clean it or restore it? [​IMG]

2oG :)

13. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

@Wyattspop,
    Here's a little something about backing up your data libraries from your C: drive:

Got0 -> C: -> Users Right click the 'Users' folder and click 'properties'.
    Size on disk: will tell you how much space you need for the backup.
    Right click the User folder and copy then goto your destination disk and past the folder there for your backup........ Just be sure you have enough room on the destination disk..

2oG :)

14. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Ok, I'll free up the space of nonsense on my external, back up my data...how do I start the restore? Thanks. I should have hit you up before using my PC too soon...

15. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

I never, never, never do a restore.... Some folks do but I have found out that it can really screw up things. Some times it takes you back to day one when the computer left the store that sold it and you end up loosing all the programs you have installed. Other times it will take you to an XP or Vista system..
    Read this before you decide what you want to do:
    http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01867418

Then, talk to ddp. I think he does this sometimes for his customers..

If you decide to continue trying to repair it, just make a fresh FRST log and send it to me...

2oG

16. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

I'm with you then.... I freed up like 450 gb between my backup and desktop so we can move faster..

Attached Files:

17. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Sorry, new ones

Attached Files:

18. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Can you talk me through a recovery please? I've removed nearly half a TB from my PC and external to make it go faster..
    Thank you so much

19. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

You must make up your mind..... You said to me:
    And then you said to ddp:
    You will not be able to fix AND recover........ maybe flip a coin but you can't do both!

20. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Wyattspop, as what 2oldGeek said, either 1 or the other but not both so decide what you really want to do then tell us.