1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC backups

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by 0jammer0, Aug 1, 2003.

1. 0jammer0

0jammer0 Member

This whole PC game backup seems like a lot of stuff to do. I thought it was an easy thing to do, but I guess I was wrong (and i thought DVD backing up was hard). O.K. well I'm confused, what do I need to back up my PC games/programs. I've been reading, and I'm also confused about this whole "image burning" what is that. But anyways my main concern is what to do (and what do I need) to back up my PC software. Thanks. And if there's like an easy to use web manual to follow, i would appreciate it (like Oriphus and Baa Baa's webpage on how to backup DVD's). By the way I have RecordNow DX, DVD-RW/CD-RW.

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

there are 2 main ypes of protection!

securom and safedisc but there are others!

for securom use blindwrite and a bwa file!

for safedisc use alcohol/blindwrite!

to find out what type of protection is on your discs use clonyxxl to scan them!

Thx...

3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

You need a "compatable" cd burner to make backups of tough pc cd protection. What I mean by compatable is a "2 sheep burner" (EFM encoding). The most popular pc protections are Safedisc and SecuROM but htere are many others!
    Most recommended software to backup pc cd protection: Alcohol 120%, Blindwrite Suite and CloneCD. Another is called GameJack. Most recommended "2 sheep" burners by brand are:
    LiteOn: 40/48/52x
    Asus: 40/48/52x
    Polaroid BurnMAX 40/48/52x
    Memorex BurnMAXX 40/48/52x
    BTC: 40/48/52x

Shoey :)

4. 0jammer0

0jammer0 Member

Man, and i thought DVD burning was hard (at first). this whole PC burning thing is confusing. But i guess I'll learn some day. Thanks for the answers.