1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pc crash

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by phsyco025, Aug 9, 2007.

1. phsyco025

phsyco025 Member

Recently my computer has been crashing at random times not related to what i am doing. I want to know how to fix this please. I went to event viewer to look at errors and under application there are 2 of them which say:

Event 3011
    Unloading the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) failed. The Error code is the first DWORD in Data section.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

and

Event 3012

The performance strings in the Performance registry value is corrupted when process Performance extension counter provider. BaseIndex value from Performance registry is the first DWORD in Data section, LastCounter value is the second DWORD in Data section, and LastHelp value is the third DWORD in Data section.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

2. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Try cleaning up your registry from time to time. Try running CCleaner, it might help you out. Its a good thing to have anyway, and that's CCleaner, with TWO Cs.

3. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Sorry, double post.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2007
  4. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Clear all logs. Notice the time of next crash. After reboot go to your logs and post the very last thing to load in both system and application. Even if it is not logged as an error. Also note if that log was at the time of crash or minutes before.

-Del