1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pc-dvd to TV

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by omel, Oct 31, 2002.

1. omel

omel Guest

Hello, Can anyone help me and tell how to connect my notebook dvd to tv. I have S-vidio only, whatelse do I need to have it work?

2. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

do get your s-video out you will have to enable it. Depending on your video card, you can do this in the Display Properties in your control panel. Then go to the Settings Tab, if you only see one monitor, choose the Advanced button. If you have a video card based off of nvidia chipset, you can just choose "Clone" on the Nview setting (this assumes you have the newest detonator drivers, if you have an nvida based card).. hopefully it will clone your video to the s-video out, otherwise you can try to use Video Overlays and enable the "Full screen device", however you might have problems with your dvd software working, it might give macrovision error messages...
    hope that gets ya started.
    peace

3. hjm357

hjm357 Member

what kind of laptop is it? for me, i usually have to have my TV connected and ready on the A/V channel, then from the advanced tab in display properties click Scan Devices, then it recognizes the TV.