1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC: FIFA 2005 & MVP BASEBALL 2005 INSTALLATION FREEZE

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by S.L.A.S.H, Apr 21, 2005.

1. S.L.A.S.H

S.L.A.S.H Member

I need a lot of help right about now. See I have this problem whenever I try to install FIFA 2005 on my computer, the installation stops at 52% on a file called [bold]"alocale\eal_danp.mad"[/bold], and won't go any further. I am assuming that at this point I have to insert CD2 but I've tried that already, and nothing happened. I have tried everything, even mounting the disc images through daemon tools, and so far nothing has worked. I also have the same problem when I'm installing MVP Baseball 2005. Whenever I install MVP Baseball 2005, it stops on a file called [bold]F:\data\igshapes\igcrsr.fsh[/bold] after 53% of the game has been installed. If ANYONE knows anything about these two very odd problems (personally I could care less about MVP Baseball, but I REALLY want to fix FIFA 2005), PLEASE post your opinions/suggestions. Thanks.

2. S.L.A.S.H

S.L.A.S.H Member

I thought it might be useful to post my computer's specs:

Cicero PC
    Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2
    Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.02 GHz
    512 MB RAM
    111 GB Hard Drive Storage
    ATI Radeon 9600XT
    SONY OEM 16X DVD-RW Drive
    BenQ 40X CD-RW Drive

3. S.L.A.S.H

S.L.A.S.H Member

Ok i've figured out the problem. And this goes for anyone who's had this problem before. But the freezing of some game installations is due to mounted images on other drives. All I had to do, was un-mount images from other drives, and restart the computer (just to be safe). After this is done, there will be no freeze at certain percentages of installations for games such as FIFA 2005 and MVP Baseball 2005. I've also had this problem with the Sims 2: University, where it freezes at 68% on the [bold]control1.dat[/bold] file. The installations are in fact freezing at the point of when it should ask you to insert the 2nd disc. But like I said, its just the simple task of un-mounting your images on all of your drives, and removing all discs from drives (before inserting the game installation disc). I hope this is of any help to anyone as it was a great help to me!