1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Formating

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by LastMastr, Jun 30, 2007.

1. LastMastr

LastMastr Regular member

Hey,

I have this pc with a password which i dont know. I just bought it from a freind for 20 bucks and i want to format it. It has windows 98 but i want to install xp...

What do i doo to format the pc and install a new o/s?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

1: edit your sig to conform to forum specs ASAP.
    4. If you want to use both text and image in your signature the image should not be more than 500 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall, and you can use up to three lines of text.
    2: is the password in the bios or in windows? if in the bios then clear the cmos using the cmos jumper. if in windows then don't worry about it unless doing an upgrade which you shouldn't.
    3: what is the computer specs as in cpu speed, hd capacity & ram?

3. LastMastr

LastMastr Regular member

Ill fix my sig as soon as possible... although i never recieved complaints in the past year that ive had it. :\

As for my system specs, its a 933mhz p3, with 256 ram.

But i put that into another computer and accidently put them in backwards wich burnt out one 128 memory stick and now i only have 1 128 and 1 256.. which sucks.. but i just put that into one computer and im basicly just gunna take apart the second computer since i have no use for it now becuase i burnt out the 128.

Oh well.. atleast i only payed 20 bucks for it. The 256 on tigerdirect is like 50bucks lol.

thanks for the commnet ddp..

Ill fix my sig asap...