1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pc games

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by grunt11b, Aug 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grunt11b

grunt11b Member

i burned a copy from my own cd, operation flashpoint. but i was wondering if i need to get a patch from www.gamecopyworld.com for it to work. i tried running the game but it wont let me,is there a fix for this??.

2. SayYes

SayYes Member

check for any cracks that might be avaiable on a peer2peer

3. Yeme3

Yeme3 Guest

First find out if the CD copy you made is any good. Nero will burn a Game, tell that the copy was successfully made, but then the copy will not work. In fact Nero will indicate that it made a good copy, while Windows Commander (a compare software) will indicate that the copy is a failure.

An easy, simple test: Try copying the made CD copy into a folder on the desktop. If it won't copy, the CD copy you made is bad.

Games are very difficult to copy, because of the protections they use. For example SafeDisk2 supposedly fades the CRC errors signal (on the CD)in and out to prevent copying.

To copy game CDs, one prefers softwares such as CloneCD, CD-Mate, and Blind Right-Read

4. billybob

billybob Regular member

I thought cracks were illegal or something. I got kicked off another forum for discussing "circumventing cd protection" or something, cause i was talking about gamejackal and comparing it to files of gamecopyworld.

About copying games, i tried to make a copy of a game called ghost recon...and it didnt let me. IT said that there was some error, i cant remember. But i was using nero and i had any dvd running in the background,

i also tried using alcohol 120% but it also came up with an error.

P.S This is a very old thread lmao.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.