1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC games

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by Watdouwa3, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Watdouwa3

Watdouwa3 Member

I hav a knack 4 PC games and theres 2 games that i really want... They are Age of Castles and Tradewinds Legends. I was told that i can download a full free game online but i cant seen 2 find any. IF anyone has the or the link to it pls send it 2 me becuz i played the demos and i was saddened when it ended... ZZez thankx

Send it to i'manidiot.com edited by ddp

Last edited: Mar 12, 2006
  2. i_suck

i_suck Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2006
  3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Watdouwa3, read the forum rules above about posting & emails.

4. Watdouwa3

Watdouwa3 Member

Thankx for the link but it doesnt seem 2 work??? oh n thankx for the tip, every time i try 2 download it, i only download i small file, i didnt kno we couldnt put up addresses. Thankx thou

Last edited: Mar 12, 2006
  5. i_suck

i_suck Guest

open it with bitcomet.

i found another one, dunno if it's the right one.

[bold]Forum Rules!!!

Case: Pirated material, such as serial numbers and direct links to pirated, copyrighted material (including direct links to torrent files and ed2k links). PROHIBITED [/bold]

6. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

It's also against the forum rules to directly link to torrent files, i_suck.

-Mike

7. Watdouwa3

Watdouwa3 Member

Wat is bitorrent?

8. i_suck

i_suck Guest

sorry, i didn't know that.

9. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

BitTorrent is both the name of a peer-to-peer (P2P) file distribution client application and also the name of the file sharing protocol itself, both of which were created by programmer Bram Cohen. BitTorrent is designed to widely distribute large amounts of data without incurring the corresponding consumption in costly server and bandwidth resources.
    BitTorrent logo

The original BitTorrent application is written in Python and its source code has been released under the BitTorrent Open Source License (a modified version of the Jabber Open Source License), as of version 4.0. The name "BitTorrent" refers to the distribution protocol, the original client application, and the .torrent file type.

How BitTorrent works
    BitTorrent greatly reduces the load on seeders, because clients generally download the file from each other. The coloured bars beneath all of the clients represent individual pieces of the file. After the initial pieces transfer from the seed, the pieces are individually transferred from client to client. This demonstrates how the original seeder only needs to send out one copy of the file for all the clients to receive a copy.
    BitTorrent greatly reduces the load on seeders, because clients generally download the file from each other. The coloured bars beneath all of the clients represent individual pieces of the file. After the initial pieces transfer from the seed, the pieces are individually transferred from client to client. This demonstrates how the original seeder only needs to send out one copy of the file for all the clients to receive a copy.

The BitTorrent protocol breaks the file(s) down into smaller fragments, typically a quarter of a megabyte (256 KB) in size. Peers download missing fragments from each other and upload those that they already have to peers that request them. The protocol is 'smart' enough to choose the peer with the best network connections for the fragments that it's requesting. To increase the overall efficiency of the swarm (the ad-hoc P2P network temporarily created to distribute a particular file), the BitTorrent clients request from their peers the fragments that are most rare; in other words, the fragments that are available on the least number of peers, making most fragments available widely across many machines and avoiding bottlenecks. The file fragments are not usually downloaded in sequential order and need to be reassembled by the receiving machine. It is important to note that clients start uploading fragments to their peers before the entire file is downloaded. Sharing by each peer therefore begins when the first complete segment is downloaded and can begin to be uploaded if another peer requests it. This scheme is particularly useful for trading large files such as videos and operating systems. This is contrasted with conventional file serving where high demand can lead to saturation of the host's resources as the consumption of bandwidth to transfer the file to many requesting downloaders surges. With BitTorrent, high demand can actually increase throughput as more bandwidth and additional “seeds” of the file become available to the group. Cohen claims that for very popular files, BitTorrent can support about a thousand times as many downloads as HTTP.

The BitTorrent protocol operates on top of TCP.

To share a file using BitTorrent, a user creates a .torrent file, a small "pointer" file that contains:

* the filename, size, and the checksum (hash) of each block in the file (which allows users to make sure they are downloading the real thing)
    * the address of a "tracker" server (which is discussed below)
    * and some other data (like client instructions).

The torrent file is then distributed to users, often via email or placed on a website. The BitTorrent client is started as a "seed node", allowing other users to connect and begin downloading. When other users finish downloading the entire file, they can optionally "reseed" it--becoming an additional source for the file. One outcome of this approach is that if all seeds are taken offline, the file may no longer be available for download, even if a client has a copy of the torrent file. However, everyone can eventually get the complete file as long as there is at least one distributed copy of the file, even if there are no seeds.

Downloading with BitTorrent is straightforward. Each person who wants to download the file first downloads the torrent and opens it in the BitTorrent client software. The torrent file tells the client the address of the tracker, which, in turn, maintains a log of which users are downloading the file and where the file and its fragments reside. For each available source, the client considers which blocks of the file are available and then requests the rarest block it does not yet have. This makes it more likely that peers will have blocks to exchange. As soon as the client finishes importing a block, it hashes it to make sure that the block matches what the torrent file said it should be. Then it begins looking for someone to upload the block to.

BitTorrent gives the best download performance to the people who upload the most, a property known as "leech resistance", since it discourages "leechers" from trying to download the file without uploading it to anyone. (Although, confusingly, when used in opposition to "seeds" or "seeders" as in "S/L ratio" (meaning "seed/leech ratio"), "leecher" only means someone who hasn't downloaded the full file yet.)

Though BitTorrent is a good protocol for a broadband user, it is less effective for dial up connections, where disconnections are common. On the other hand, many HTTP servers drop connections over several hours, while many torrents exist long enough to complete a multi-day download (often required for large files).

Terminology

availability
    (also distributed copies) The number of full copies of the file available to the client. Each seed adds 1.0 to this number, as they have one complete copy of the file. A connected peer with a fraction of the file available adds that fraction to the availability (ie. a peer with 65.3% of the file downloaded increases the availability by 0.653).
    choked
    Describes an uploader to whom the client does not wish to upload. An uploading client 'chokes' another client in several situations:

* The second client is a seed, in which case it does not want any pieces (ie. it is completely uninterested)
    * The uploading client is already uploading at its full capacity (ie. the value for max_uploads has been reached)

interested
    Describes a downloader who wishes to obtain pieces of a file the client has. For example, the uploading client would flag a downloading client as 'interested' if that client did not possess a piece that it did, and wished to obtain it.
    leech
    A leech is usually a peer who has a negative effect on the swarm by having a very poor share ratio - in other words, downloading much more than they upload. Most leeches are users on asymmetric internet connections who do not leave their BitTorrent client open to seed the file after their download has completed. However, some leeches intentionally hurt the swarm to avoid uploading by using modified clients or excessively limiting their upload speed.
    The term leech is also incorrectly used to refer to what should properly be called a peer, a member of the swarm who has not yet downloaded the complete file.
    peer
    A peer is one instance of a BitTorrent client running on a computer on the Internet that you connect to and transfer data. Usually a peer does not have the complete file, but only parts of it, however, 'peer' can be used to refer to any participant in the swarm (in this case, also known as a 'client').
    scrape
    This is when a client sends a request to the tracking server for information about the statistics of the torrent, like who to share the file with and how well those other users are sharing.
    seed
    A seed is a peer that has a complete copy of the torrent and still offers it for upload. The more seeds there are, the better the chances are for completion of the file.
    snubbed
    An uploading client is flagged as snubbed if the downloading client has not received any data from it in over 60 seconds.
    superseed
    When a file is new, much time can be wasted because the seeding client might send the same file piece to many different peers, while other pieces have not yet been downloaded at all. Some clients, like ABC and BitTornado, have a "superseed" mode, where they try to only send out pieces which have never been sent out before, making the initial propagation of the file much faster. This is generally used only for a new torrent, or one which must be re-seeded because no other seeds are available.
    swarm
    Together, all users sharing a torrent are called a swarm. Six peers and two seeds make a swarm of eight.
    torrent
    A torrent can mean either a .torrent metadata file or all files described by it, depending on context. The torrent file contains metadata about all the files it makes downloadable, including their names and sizes and checksums of all pieces in the torrent. It also contains the address of a tracker that coordinates communication between the peers in the swarm.
    tracker
    A tracker is a server that keeps track of which seeds and peers are in the swarm. Clients report information to the tracker periodically and in exchange receive information about other clients that they can connect to. The tracker is not directly involved in the data transfer and does not have a copy of the file.

Comparison to other file sharing systems
    Version 4.0.4 running in Windows XP
    Enlarge
    Version 4.0.4 running in Windows XP

The method used by BitTorrent to distribute files parallels to a large extent the one used by the eDonkey2000 network, but nodes in eDonkey's file sharing network usually share and download a much larger number of files, making the bandwidth available to each transfer much smaller. BitTorrent transfers are typically very fast, because all nodes in a group concentrate on transferring a single file or collection of files. While the original eDonkey2000 client provided little "leech resistance", most new clients have some sort of system to encourage uploaders. eMule, for example, has a credits system whereby a client rewards other clients that upload to it by increasing their priority in its queue. However, the nature of the eDonkey2000 concept means download speeds tend to be much more variable, although the number of available files is far greater.

A similar method to BitTorrent was the Participation Level introduced in KaZaA in 2002. The Participation Level would increase when you upload and decrease when you download. Then when you upload a file to someone else the person with the highest Participation Level gets it first, then they upload it on to the person with the next highest Participation Level, and so on. This can be visualised as a pyramid, with the people who have the most upload bandwidth available at the top and people with less bandwidth on progressively lower levels. This is the most efficient way to distribute a file to a large number of users: it is probable that even the people at the bottom of the pyramid will get the file faster than if the file was served by a non-P2P method. Unfortunately, the system adopted by KaZaA is considered by some to be flawed as it relies on the client accurately reporting their Participation Level and therefore it is easy to cheat with the many "unofficial" clients.

BitTorrent client - http://www.bitcomet.com

Torrent sites - http://www.spesb.com/link2u/torrentsites.html

Registered trackers - http://www.torrentleech.org
    http://www.torrentbytes.net

-Mike

10. Watdouwa3

Watdouwa3 Member

WOW, that was a lot of info thankx guys, now for
    Age of Castles....................

11. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

WoW .. A Senior Member and you don't know the forum rules? Time to read them.

And, even after your told you still didn't edit your post.

12. Watdouwa3

Watdouwa3 Member

Qoute from ddp

Send it to i'manidiot.com edited by ddp

Read the rules buddy NO RUDE MESSAGES, n thats from a moderator
    looks like im not the idiot as much.......

13. i_suck

i_suck Guest

wtf that one wasn't from a piracy website.

btw, i can't find any of those game that are free, sorry.

14. Watdouwa3

Watdouwa3 Member

Thankx i_suck lolz :)

15. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

@ i_suck,

still no posting direct links.

@Watdouwa3,

Watch your attitude. You should have read the forum rules, if you would have ddp wouldn't have had to edit your post.

16. i_suck

i_suck Guest

well i see a lot of direct links through out the forums, why don't you go and edit them flip.

17. ddp

Watdouwa3, i only do that for a reason. if you do a search for that line i edited, you'll see i do it only on emails & websites. if you don't like it than too bad!!

18. Watdouwa3

Watdouwa3 Member

In every mean person, theres a nice one trying to get out.
    I think ur cool ddp. n flip218, u can't reallly tell if i hav an attitude from words and i did read the rules. 4giv me 4 forgeting
    sum of them. I guess it would be wrong if u guys didnt do ur job, so i respect bof of u :)

19. ddp

teach & learn