1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC keeps restarting when I.......

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by Crucifier, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Crucifier

Crucifier Member

PC keeps restarting when I Plugin my TV card. Whenever I fit in my TV card and start up my pc, it restarts after a minute at the desktop screen. After restarting it loads up to the desktop and restarts again and again.

When I take the TV card out, my pc works fine. I installed the drivers for the TV card via a CD which came with the package but that didn't help.

Now roughly a year ago this TV card used to work, but since then I have rebooted my computer several times. I tried buying a new TV card, but that also restarts the PC everytime I reach the desktop.

This has to be a hardware / driver / bios problem? I'm hoping someone can tell me a few easy instructions on how I can fix this, as TV cards used to work fine on my pc before. I'm willing to pay £10 (via paypal) to anyone who helps me figure out this problem.

Many Thanks.

2. techstyle

techstyle Member

I had the same problem and found that when I went to control panel - add and remove programs

tick the box that says 'show updates' I then uninstalled the updates that were installed the day I connected my TV card this has worked so far

Hope this helps
    jasong@techstyluk.co.uk
    http://www.techstyleuk.co.uk

Macrovision? VXC3000II.htm