1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC-LCD HDTV won't work

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by bkthiess, Apr 30, 2007.

1. bkthiess

bkthiess Member

Aagh, this is driving me crazy!!! I searched but didn't get find any results. I am trying to connect a Sony Vaio laptop with an Intel 82815 chipset (yeah, stinky I know, but that's what it came with) to a Vizio 37" LCD HDTV. I have been able to connect the laptop to a PC Monitor, so I know that works. I have been able to connect the Vizo TV to a different laptop, so I know that works. But the two will NOT talk to each other. Is there some way to install a different video driver? Any other suggestions?

2. wickedzx5

wickedzx5 Member

try changing your resolution on your laptop to something that the tv can actually handle. many laptops have resolutions higher than what the tv can display. try changing the resolution on the laptop to the native resolution of the tv. my computer (i know its a little different than a laptop) is connected to a 32" westinghouse LCD via a DVI to HDMI connector and i originally had problems when changing from my 19" widescreen monitor to the tv. the monitor had a native resolution or 1440x900 and the tv has a native resolution or 1366x768. the tv couldnt handle a resolution that high so once i changed the resolution in the actual computer, changing displays was a breeze ;)