1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pc Mighty Max

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by winked101, Dec 20, 2005.

1. winked101

winked101 Member

I was reading an old thread about Pc Mighty Max in order to decide if I wanted to buy the licence.... first let me say thank you to everyone who posted on this topic. I was unaware that you could not uninstall this program from the control panel's add remove programs. That alone tells me I do not want this on my PC. How ever I already had it on there ... I tried going to my C: (hard drive) then to my programs folder and looking for it. PC Mighty Max was clearly marked in the Programs folder but when I tryed to deleat it it would not let me. That was because even after I closed it out and even after I went into the PC Mighty Max folder and deleated every thing that it would let me deleat the dumb exe file was still running on my system. I used my Spybot Advanced to look at the running system applications (same as hitting control/alt/del but the window was bigger so I could see where the program was running from) I found Pc Mighty Max quickly and as soon as I kill/ terminated it from running I was able to go back to the C:/programs/ and deleat the whole folder.
    I am still concerned though because I downloaded it to fix my non responding programs in the first place and now I am right back where I started. Does anyone know of a reputable removable non ad/spyware program that will help me fix these problems or am I better off just reloading my windows XP?

2. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

A lot of times programs like pc mightymax installs itself into your registry which makes it difficult to delete from your system. I use a program called Registry Mechanic which works fine for me. You can download it at; http://www.pctools.com/ We have to be a little more choosier about what programs we download and install on our computers. Some programs are not all what their cracked up to be. good luck. em

3. MikeG1706

MikeG1706 Member

I tired to purchase a 7 day license for the PC Mighty Max product a few days ago. I did the free system analysis and got to the point to pay and the link kept crashing when trying to connect to their encrypted credit card utility (tried it a dozen times). Even though I chose "open file" and not "install to disc" during the trial, the program installed itself to my hard drive. I am now unable to delete, uninstall, repair, or reinstall it. I am also unable to run "Disc Scan" or "Defrag" the drive without an error message referencing "Mighty Max". Since the original transaction was never completed I have no order number and am thus unable to contact the company via the phone. They have not responded to my emails.

Only wish I would have read the posts on this site concerning PC Mighty Max prior to trying it. I picked the link up off Google Sponsored Links - my big error was thinking at least subconsciously that since I got it from Google it must be OK.....not!

Any ideas on what I should do to get rid of it?

4. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

Are pc mightymax program files installed on your HD ?

5. MikeG1706

MikeG1706 Member

Thanks for the response...the program is on my HD...I have tried to uninstall, repair, and reinstall it to no avail...mike

6. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Here's a FREE utility that will most of the time get rid of some of those pesty programs ! Here:- Add/Remove Pro v. 2.08 @ http://www.superwin.com/freeware.htm

Next after you have tried this -- if it's still there ... as a last resort use this other FREE utility :- http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/killbox.php

Just slide the whole folder that's in your Program files in the box and hit the RED X

Once this is done -- do a Registry cleanup ! Registry Mechanic is good for that !

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2006
  7. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

Jeanc1 you almost read my mind. I guess I am good for something. That pocketkill box has come in handy for me many a time.

8. MikeG1706

MikeG1706 Member

Hey Guys..thanks for the help...I downloaded the Add/Remove Pro v. 2.08...tried to uninstall PC MightyMax v9...it connected me with Uninstall Shield Wizard for PC Mighty Max...when I attempted to remove it I got: Error 1721..problem with this Windows installer package.......etc.....which is the same message I got when I used the normal Windows add/remove utility in the Control Panel.

About the killbox program...there is no PC Mighty Max folder in Program Files...I previously deleted them in a fit of frustration...but PC MightyMax shows up in the programs list in the Control Panel since it has never been uninstalled. Will the KillBox do me any good?...thanks...mike

9. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

Well MikeG it looks like it may have embedded itself into your Registry somewhere. Guess What I have the same problem. Check this e-mail out that I just sent to them. It will probably never be answered but here it is: I re-downloaded your program to install and purchase a license number. Your program will not install on my computer because it says an earlier version of pc mightymax is already installed on your computer and must be removed before installation can continue. Well I was able to remove all of pc mightymax program files from my computer but it can't be removed from my Add/Remove program list. I have exhausted all means of removing the program from the Add/Remove program list. Any ideas of how to remove your great program from my computer ? or is this a crafty way of screwing yourselfs out of future sales ? Oh yea it doesn't give me the option to Change/Remove the program from the Add/Remove program list when I highlight it. It sounds like it has embedded itself into my registry somewhere and I have no clue of how to find it. Thanks for your help, ed

ps: It may be helpful to come up with a tool to remove your program from peoples computers to help revamp sales because it looks like your reputation is at stake here. I have used your program several times in the past but this may become history. ed

10. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

@MikeG1706

Load that Add/Remove Pro v. 2.08 again -- you will see the entry for that particular program in there - Highlight it .. and click remove entry !

Same thing for you , mcalister !

That's what's neat about that Add/Remove Pro -- it will take out the entries if you wish !

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2006
  11. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

Thanks a million Jeanc1, red heads rock !

12. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

~~blushes~~ You're welcome !

Glad you have things straightened out !

13. MikeG1706

MikeG1706 Member

Hey Jeanc1...I did as instructed and it removed PC MightyMax v9 from the list in Add/Remove Pro...but it is still in my programs file and comes up in the Add/Remove Programs list in the Control Panel...is this an issue?...mike

14. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Sorry but i do not understand you !

Please shed some more light ! <<smiles>>

15. MikeG1706

MikeG1706 Member

Hey Jeanc1...if I explore the Programs File there is no PC MightyMax folder present. However, if I click on programs in the start menu it is there with two links Open or Install...neither of which work...it is of course also listed in the programs list in the add/remove control panel utility...mike

16. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Ohh !! KK ......

Those you just Right Click DELETE

If you have rebooted your PC... since the Add/Remove was done.. they should no longer show in the Control Panel.. If they do.. better run Regedit and FIND... then Delete each [bold]MightyMax[/bold] entries you see..... Find Next till you get a clean registry !

Sorry but I have to get back to work !

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2006