1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Networked Vs Viper Modchip

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by DaiBach, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

The thing is, I don't have hacked firmware either. I don't know what it is. I just followed the instructions from that site, and it worked.

2. CAR8624

CAR8624 Regular member

I've tried the CDClone Method and it worked [using Plexator 712A with firmware updates specificly from Plexator website]. However unlike Quadratic's time, it took me almost 12 hours to copy a GCN Game onto computer. So which one is better? I rather go with PSO method [comparing to CDClone] since it is faster and has a set "copying" time [52 Minutes - more or less]. CDClone is for those who do not want to get PSO [or cannot find it anymore], and do not want to get Broadband Adapter.

Sticking to the topic - I would rather go for Viper Modchip if you got someone to install it for you. If it's run on a DVD [Full or Mini Sized], it loads so much better than streaming. Though I am streaming mine, I just want to have a backup of my games [so I could keep my originals in a safe place] AND play those if I really want to.

Less Expensive: PSO/BBA but deal with streaming problems.
    Expensive but worth it: Viper Modchip and BBA [with or without PSO].

=>CAR8624

3. indienemo

indienemo Guest

Vipers generally easier and better. I believe Quadratic, hes a decent guy with a reputation here. Not like one of those newbs who makes like 5 posts then makes a ridiculous claim with no hope of ever backing it up... (no pun intended)

4. bens4life

bens4life Guest

Yep, Quad is correct. So far so good. I too have a philips DVD+RW drive on my Dell laptop. And Clonecd is doing exactly what he says it would. Keeps saying failed error sector xxxx but percentage rises very slowly. Game- Resident Evil 4. I don't have a modded gamecube so I won't be able to test it yet. Looks like what everyone will need to make gamecube backups is a philips dvd-rom drive or other that can read gamecube discs. Thanx also Quad for the Xbox backup guide. Some one please tell me who can mod my Gamecube for me?? I dont do mods myself.

5. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Hey, come to think of it, my DVD+RW is a Phillips! Maybe that's it!

I thought that 2 sheep burners could definitely copy the game with CloneCD, but it seems like only Phillips DVD+RW can.

Glad someone else got it besides me :)

6. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

By the way, GC needs to be set laser that it reads backups, so would it be that if tweak DVD-drive's laser, it could might read GC discs.
    Have anyone tried it?