1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pc no mouse problems

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by kairu67, May 25, 2007.

1. kairu67

kairu67 Member

ok i left home last night and turned the pc off, just as i usually do...when i came home today and turned it on i had the mouse on the screen but i couldnt move it when i moved the mouse.... i tried booting in safemode, which worked, but no internet =-p.... i tried boot last working configuration, which did not work........
    so than i tried disconnecting drives and seeing if it a virus on one of my drives..... no luck...

so than i tried ONE MORE TIME to do last working configuration with only the os drive plugged in..... it worked with the mouse and all, but i was planning on doing something on my other sata drive, so i hooked up the drive, and tried booting again, but it wouldnt work!!!!

so i went back and only used one drive, and no mouse worked DAMN!!! so now i am only using a keyboard, can anyone tell me what they think happened before i have to format my system... well at least this time it will be linux!!!!!!! screw windows

2. flyingv

flyingv Guest

I am assuming that you have your mouse plugged into the PS/2 port on you computer. If so, try reinstalling the mouse driver. If you have a USB mouse try the same thing. Usually with the USB mouse your computer will automatically reconize the mouse when plugged it. I know that it ties up a port but it will be more reliable.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

does the mouse work in safemode even now?

4. kairu67

kairu67 Member

yeah.... i kept changing bois settings, and it worked when i changed the mouse to run in bios instead of os or something like that.... plus i restored a backup of the drive, and it works now!!