1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC on LAN disconnects when one computer shut down or turn on

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by aznurdad, May 22, 2007.

1. aznurdad

aznurdad Member

There are 3 PC connected to the same modem and everytime computer 2 shuts down and turns on, the other 2 disconnects. Please help!

2. halfhere

halfhere Regular member

you can't have 3 computers connected to one modem. There has to be another device hooked up, what device is that? and how is it hooked into the equation? ie. a router etc....sounds like you might have a hub.

3. aznurdad

aznurdad Member

All my computers are connected to Westell Versalink327. I think i do have a router because i need to forward ports on 192.168.1.1

4. halfhere

halfhere Regular member

I am assuming that is a Verizon device with a DSL connection. You want to make sure that you did not put the router(wireless too???)into bridge mode. That will only allow a one PC connection at a time. You said that every time computer #2 shuts down and turns on it disconnects the other PC's. You need to make sure that you didn't bridge your "other 2" PC's and with the one that boots up put that one in DHCP/route mode. If that makes sense.
    Another thing too is that I believe they stopped shipping those units for a while back in 2005 due to hardware malfunctioning in them, even with firmware upgrades. You might want to try what is mentioned below, but in my opinion I would look for new hardware.

"The easiest thing to do would be to use the reset button and configure the Versalink to use PPPoE. The manual is here: »www.westell.com/content/sales/327W.pdf -- it explains how to set up PPPoE on the modem/router."

5. aznurdad

aznurdad Member

thanks alot i will try right now

6. aznurdad

aznurdad Member

i dont have access to 192.168.1.1 because i forgot the password and i cant reset it due to some personal reason. Can i still fix it?

7. halfhere

halfhere Regular member

all you need to do is hold the reset button down on the back of the router for about 30-60 seconds and that should default it back to the factory settings. If you knew what the original password was then you should be all set, but if you can't change it because of a personal reason than you will most likely not be able to do it.