1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Problem ........

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by MannyF38, Oct 24, 2004.

1. MannyF38

MannyF38 Member

hey well i got the chip back about a week or 2 ago lol i forgot to post on here thanks for your help... everything works fine.. i still have that problem with that first computer tho..its simlar to the problem i had but i don't think its the bios becuase the board is new but is the same problem is turning on you see all the fans spining and everything but no video and i already tryed everything changing video cards, memory and everything...anyone have any suggestions ?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

if you have done everything as to now fixed board than it could be bad board, clear the cmos & see what happens but other than that find the reciept & take it back if still under warranty unless you want to do same thing with bios as you did to fixed board

3. MannyF38

MannyF38 Member

the thing is that its this lady's computer and she bought the motherboard a a computer show .... basicly the bord is brand but can't return it so... am not sure if it could e the bios i email tech support at ASUS about the bios situation havent goten a reply yet...hopefully there as flexible and fast reponse as DFI was...

4. MannyF38

MannyF38 Member

?anyone?

5. ddp

did you try the other things you did on your board except send bios to be flashed??

6. MannyF38

MannyF38 Member

yes i tryed everything.... but i could narrow it down to the board like i did onmy computer but on this computer it could be the procesor because it had the same problem on anotherboard andi otld the lady it was prolly the board and she got a new board and now still has the same problem so am hoping ists not the processor but if it was the procesor the ocmputer would not turn on right ? bcuz it won't get past the POST. its jsut weird 2 motherboard have the same problem...btw what is doing is you hit the power button and fans , cpu fan pw supply turn on , but no video , i know its not video card , ram bcu i lareay been trought alot of diferen parts

7. ddp

can you put cpu into your system if possible & try different power supply. have you tried clearing cmos & is cmos jumper in right spot. do any of the electrolytic capacitors(cans) look domed

8. MannyF38

MannyF38 Member

everything seems fine..yeai tryed a diff power supply and all i wish i had a p4 i knew it was good to try the cpu...all my stuff is AMD , is it possible for cpu's to be partly damage?

9. ddp

yes but without trying on another working board it is a 50/50 choice of which is bad, cpu, motherboard or both. what make & model# of board so i can look at manual

10. MannyF38

MannyF38 Member

*Product Model : P4S800
    [Motherboard Specification]
    *Motherboard Revision : rev:2.00

11. ddp

is it asus???

12. MannyF38

MannyF38 Member

yes asus my bad...

13. MannyF38

MannyF38 Member

anyone any other ideas?

14. ianski7

ianski7 Guest

Hey

What kind of memory are you running? Please be specific.
    Any 478 pin Intel CPU(Celeron) will work in that board -- can you test with another CPU?

Do you get beeb codes?

That board is compatable with 1.5v AGP cards only.
    Have you tried PCI and do you have a Bios setting to choose which bus you use(PCI or AGP)for video?

15. MannyF38

MannyF38 Member

yes i have....i laso trye it with diferent kind of memorys i will try n get a eleron to test hte board out.....