1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pc says system bios not detected HELP!!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by krongy, Jun 13, 2007.

1. krongy

krongy Member

My pc turns on but the screen stays black. I have a speaker that says some thing like sytem bios not detected what do i do?.

2. BadBone

BadBone Guest

u r saying that you "hear" from your speakers that the system bios is not detected, or do you get some beeps

in either case have you been inside your computer recently and removed the bios chip or just moved it out of place

or mabye you recently tried flashing your bios

what was the last thing you did before you encountered this problem

3. krongy

krongy Member

I took out my ram card to try to put it in my other pc but it didnt so i put it back in. The pcs got a built in speaker that says stuff like no keyboard detected e.t.c

4. jojonavy

jojonavy Member

Try resetting your bios. You normally can do this in two ways. By removing the small battery located on your mother board for a few minutes and putting it back in, or jumpering the reset bios leads on the motherboard for a few minutes.... Resetting my BIOS has helped me a few times when I was stumped.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

reset the ram as that started your problem.

6. jojonavy

jojonavy Member

Wow that is strange. Not sure if thats possible is it?

7. BadBone

BadBone Guest

jojonavy
    Yeah That would be a new one to me, never heard of a talking bios before :)

krongy
    If you are confortable with opening up your computer again, i suggest that you remove each hardware component and then try putting them back in just in case one of em wasn't in securely. Make sure to check your video card. Additionally, if you have spare memory and vider card try swapping em in one by one and then boot up after each try

From my experience though, most boot up problems are because of RAM either they are not put in correct, not compatible with your system or they just aren't working

What type of computer do you have
    And again, does your computer perform a series of beeps when
    you start up

Good Luck

8. krongy

krongy Member

thanks ill try it

9. krongy

krongy Member

The speaker is connected to the mother board but i dont kniw why it talks. Someone made it for me

10. krongy

krongy Member

Ive tried all of your sugestions but it still doesnt work

11. ddp

some motherboards i think from asus & others do talk. i think your board has a dual bios & the main one is corrupted. what is the make & model# of the board. what does the motherboard say in the trouble shooting section if there is 1?

12. krongy

krongy Member

I dont know there isnt a code ive looked for one. Is bios ram?

13. krongy

krongy Member

How do i get a new bios or fix my own

14. ddp

check motherboard manual as there might be a section on that.

15. BadBone

BadBone Guest

krongy

We will really need to know what motherboard you have in order to get the correct bios to fix the problem.

Just look at the motherboard and look for a model, it can be a set of letters with numbers , it is not nrmally anything long, or if it isn't a home built computer look at the case and see the brand and the model, e.g. Dell Optiplex xxxxx, Compaq Presario xxx, HP .....

16. krongy

krongy Member

the mother board code is A7V333

17. BadBone

BadBone Guest

I found the motherboard on the ASUS site but i am not allowed to link to the files so you'll have to go to the site and search for them.

Start Here

Input the following into the three search boxes:

Select Product Motherboard
    Select Series SocketA(462)
    Select Models A7V333

That will bring up the page to download drivers for your motherboard, then proceed to the bios section by clicking the + beside BIOS

I suggest that you download the latest bios for your board under All OS, in this case its 1018.004

I must warn you that if the Motherboard model you gave is not correct that this BIOS will not work, and even if it is correct updating may resulting in incompatibility problem, also, incorrect operation of flash procedure may also result in damaging the board which will then be good for nothing more than an expensive paper weight.

18. BadBone

BadBone Guest

I also found a site with what i believe to be useful information:

If no display appears, but the beeping sound from the system can be heard and the floppy disk drive is activated, then all is not lost. Try the following method to recover the system:

1. Prepare a bootable floppy disk with an AWDFLASH.EXE utility and BIOS binary file in the disk

2. Create an AUTOEXEC.BAT file in the diskette with the following command line:

AWDFLASH xxxxx.BIN/SN /PY
    The options /SN /PY will answer the questions automatically that you would normally answer with "no" or "yes". That way the system will boot up from the floppy disk, program the BIOS and restart the computer It will take a while to carry out the procedure, don't turn off the system, wait for the system to restart again.

3. If you want to see what it does, use an ISA VGA card instead of PCI or AGP. If you don't have any ISA VGA card, the BIOS can still be fix in blind mode (no screen, but the BIOS is flashed by the Auto-run diskette). After the mainboard reboots itself, the floppy disk can be taken out and your system should have recovered. However if that doesn't work, return the mainboard to your Vendor.

I am not sure if your system bios is Award, but it believe that it should work with others

19. ddp

do not use award bios on ami bios.

20. krongy

krongy Member

Thanks ill try it