1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Screen on Tv Screen

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by crag364, May 25, 2004.

1. crag364

crag364 Member

Hi,

I want to be able to watch my dvds off my pc onto my tv. This means i want to be able to have the same screen on my pc and tv at the same time. Can you please tell me how i do this.
    I have a RADEON 9800XL and it supports Mutiple Monitors. I also have all the cables and have been able to set up the desktop on my tv but i would like it to display the same picture at the same time. Any help would be appircated,

Thanks

2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

I have all kinds of video in/outs on my GeForce VS but haven't tried TV output on it. But I used to for years. The problem (beside low resolution) was, you had to choose: TV or PC monitor, not both.
    If your Radeon gives you both, well I guess I should have bought one...
    9800 eh? Sweet.
    Let us know if it supports both or not.
    Regards

3. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

you need to set it up in clone mode.. try it out..
    peace

4. Nicstead

Nicstead Member

Hi
    i'm pretty sad with comps and all those names and digits u guys put in your messages so please bear with me. ( -: . i have a dvd rewriter and dvd drive. i want to be able to connect my comp to the tv. what cables do i need? if u reply please keep it as simple as possible . thanx. Nic

5. Nicstead

Nicstead Member

oh yeah and i forgot to say i want to see the same things on the tv and the comp monitor. thanx again

6. macram

macram Member

assuming you have an s-video out on your video card, plug into a spare video-in on the tv(s-video to RCA adaptor may be needed) then right mouse click anywhere on the desktop and enter properties. go to the settings tab. to extend your desktop(will enable you to drop and drag windows from your monitor over to you tv-windows like power dvd) simply check the box and apply. if you want to run the tv in clone mode go into the advanced tab on the settings page of display properties, then into displays and you should see a window with a tv on it .click on the red power button you can set to clone(green buttons)

7. Mark40

Mark40 Member

Moderator: Please delete this. (Sorry!)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2004