1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pc still shutting down???

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by rockyjack, Aug 24, 2007.

1. rockyjack

rockyjack Member

I tried a different psu today, and still no change.Also removed nero, and tried other software program, that didn't work either????

2. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Your question/thread is pretty vague. When does the PC usually crash? What are you usually doing at that time? How old is the PC? When was the last time windwos was reinstalled?

3. rockyjack

rockyjack Member

Sorry about that.Have a more in depth thread under"I can burn just not dvds".Basically when I put in blank media into burner to burn, the pc shuts down after about4%done.Complete shut off,everything dead.Have to manually restart,somtimes takes a few tries with the power button to get it to go again.Replaced the power supply and burner,tested the ram, and tried different software , all same in the end.K9n platinum board, I here there are random shut down issues.Keep in mind , I;ve been burning almost 2 years with this system,this just started a few weeks ago.At my wits end,so just purchased new mb and cpu.That better work.Can't install till next weekend.One more thing.The very last time it burned properly was when I had vista,upgrade,installed.Recently reformatted and stayed with xp.Just reloaded vista,but this didn't help either.

4. rockyjack

rockyjack Member

I can;t believe what just happened.Saw another thread on this site where a guy was having similar problems.He swithched his dma mode from 4 to 3 in bios for dvd.I just did that and burnt a movie???!!!After all this time and money,that's all it needed???Weird.Oh well, thanx guys.

5. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Glad you got it worked out. You may eb able to return the PC parts if you haven't opened them.

6. rockyjack

rockyjack Member

Don't get the parts until Tues.I"ll forget about the board,but I will still buy the amd6000+.I think it should give me a boost over my 4200+.