1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pc to 16:9 tv?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by bchaney16, Feb 9, 2007.

1. bchaney16

bchaney16 Member

hey guys, I know there are a lot of threads on this forum about pc to tv, but I can't seem to find an answer to my question. I have a geforce 6800gt and a samsung 26" widescreen tv (16:9 aspect ratio). My main question is if there is a way to get my monitor to clone onto the tv and fill the whole screen, aka stretch horizontal and shrink vertical to fit (not scroll). I'm also having trouble viewing videos on the tv such as through windows media player... how can I fix this?

I appreciate any help.

2. byngo

byngo Regular member

The answer is on the edge of my knowledge I'm afraid but it would seem to me you need to try and match the widescreen resolution of your tv with an selectable resolution output from your card. Yo don't say if the TV is LCD or not or HD ready. Assuming it is a CRT then you need to be looking for a res of 480i x ???? (whatever widescreen is for interlaced standard definition).
    I had a similar quandry when putting my desktop onto a 32" LCD which had a native (wide) resolution of 1366 X 768. I could not get my graphics card to exactly match this resolution so I had to go either up or down of it. If I went up, the image overscaned (morethan filled the screen). In the end I settled for a Vesa standard resolution that was not widescreen (it was 4:3) but it gave the sharpest desktop and video.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007