1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC to HDTV

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by mohsin86, Jan 20, 2007.

1. mohsin86

mohsin86 Member

Hello Guys. How have you been? I tried this stuff and i am really getting tired of it. I have core 2 duo with Nvidia Geforce 7600 GT video card. My TV is Sharp Aquous LC32DA5U. My pc monitor is hp widescreen. I connected both my monitor and Tv through DVI. My TV is connected via DVI to HDMI cable. now i am not able to modify the picture so that it fits right on my telivision. Sometimes the picture would be half. Sometime it would be missing from bottom. I am not able to get the full picture. My TV display shows it is recieving signals in 1080i. I would really appreciate if someone would help me with either my video card or my tv.

2. juniorken

juniorken Member

better to switch over to 720p. I have a philips 32"-lcd (connected by dvi-i hq-cable) and if I run that screen using 1080i (1920x1080) I have similar probs like you have. I even have some kinda green line running thru the bottom of my screen. When I connect my screen using svga I don't have that line so it seems there is a sync-problem. Tried different cables + different graphic cards but I heard from a friend of mine + my reseller that hdtv is slightly different interpreted by the computer industry as by lcd-tv manufacturers...

You could try vga if you have a connector but there's definatly a decrease in the general video-quality if you do so.

I placed a forum on this site several months ago but no one could help me out on this.

3. Cupillac

Cupillac Member

Hey guys,
    I'm also having the same sort of problem.
    I have my computer with a 7600GT hooked up to my flat screen monitor through DVI and then my 30" Samsung LCD HDTV through DVI-HDMI and it tends to look better on 720p than 1080i. 1080i is too small and I can't center my computer screen on it.
    I figured that DVI-HDMI would look amazing!!!, but it doesnt really seem to make a difference. I thought my computer looked better when just hooked up through PC input.

4. mohsin86

mohsin86 Member

i can't figure anything out tried every mode at every refreshing rate and resolution. at one point i would get a normal screen on tv but my pc resolution would mess up :(

5. juniorken

juniorken Member

what kinda software does your card use? I'm using ATI with all software installed so I could easily select a different resolution for each screen. I have a crt-monitor connected to the same card as my lcd using 1024x768 for the crt and 1280x720 (720p) for the lcd using dvi-i and that works.
    Don't duplicate your screens as your pc-monitor probably doesn't accept hdtv-resolution.